• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2021 XL Antep Aci Cross

Don't know if the seeds you sent me were those harvested by Guru but my pods were slender and not as big nor gnarly than his. That's basicaly why I was wondering about the stability (to avoid any bias between the contenders other than weather and grow skills).
Fair enough. There would be more generations in
the future!

@Pepper-Guru and I grew the same generation
in 2021, if I'm not mistaken, that was the F4, so
F5 for the seeds. Their are pics of various growers'
results in the PT thread.

I'm looking for growers who want to grow the F5
in any case, if anyone is interested regardless of
the grow-down, hit me up!

Apologies for hijacking :oops:

the future!

I'd gladly regrow it; if you can check whether the seeds you sent me came from your stash or from Guru. Looking foward for this one (F5) in 2022🀘

The Purple Thunder yellow/caramel seeds are F5.
The pods have had the gnarly yellow/caramel
appearance since F2. No change in the F6 that
@Glen_ grew out in 2020. The F5 are all isolated
from @Pepper-Guru's grow 2021.
Think I had two bags! Check yours and if its says OP or ISO! If yours says OP I still have the ISO bag likely. I could make sure everyone gets the isolated if so, no issue. Probably do SASE or SASBE again anyway. I'll compile a list of everyone who votes and those people will be added to a group message with the address to send them to for the return.
Don't know if the seeds you sent me were those harvested by Guru but my pods were slender and not as big nor gnarly than his. That's basicaly why I was wondering about the stability (to avoid any bias between the contenders other than weather and grow skills).

the future!

It was the 2020 Season! Would be cool to knock out two birds with one stone. I was also hoping some folks would be intersted in trying a C pubecens this year, honestly. We haven't done a pube before and I may have just the cultivar for everyone to REALLY enjoy their season no matter where they live. Super early, super productive, great flavor and hot as hell.

51771417703_2ce96a69eb_b.jpg

51772062375_d01d7b00b7_b.jpg

51772062555_4e8f86528b_b.jpg

But keep the poll option ideas coming!

Last edited:
@Pepper-Guru Since I was already searching for early Rocoto, I'd be down to go with your C. pubescens cultivar for the 2022 Growdown. What is the name of this beauty?

Sorry I've been very inactive recently, but I owe someone a reward... Who won?
Guru won but we paid our due to ColdSmoke who took the second spot!

@Pepper-Guru @ColdSmoke @skullbiker @Siv @saiias @Sinn @DontPanic @Crazy Monkey @Mr.joe

So, since today is National Hot Sauce Day, and I just happened to finish up a small batch sriracha sauce I made out of these peppers, I thought I'd offer it to the participants in this grow-out. This is just a standard, sriracha recipe – nothing special. We all know what the heat level of these peppers are – family friendly in my opinion. I enjoyed sharing this grow with y'all, and thought I'd share the reward!

If you're interested in receiving a bottle FREE, just raise your hand and PM/DM me your address. It's not a great time of year to ship liquids (it was 3F here last night), so I might have to wait a few days to send them out. I'll message you when shipped.

Now the bad news. As much as I hate to, I need to limit this to U.S. Residents only. I checked on the shipping costs to Canada and they are prohibitive. You could go and buy a half-dozen bottles of hot sauce for the cost of shipping. Plus, with all the tighter restrictions and shit, I'm not sure they would ever make it to you. Bummer. Sorry guys.

So, that's it in a nutshell, as they say.

Happy National Hot Sauce Day!

2.5x5 label - XL Aci Dolma v2.jpg

IMG_20220122_174714871.jpg IMG_20220122_174737932.jpg

Nice gesture @DownriverπŸ‘Œ Yes it sucks and it is kinda hard to understand how postal services can still be soooo fucked up... Wish you all a great National Hot Sauce Day!

@Pepper-Guru @ColdSmoke @skullbiker @Siv @saiias @Sinn @DontPanic @Crazy Monkey @Mr.joe

So, since today is National Hot Sauce Day, and I just happened to finish up a small batch sriracha sauce I made out of these peppers, I thought I'd offer it to the participants in this grow-out. This is just a standard, sriracha recipe – nothing special. We all know what the heat level of these peppers are – family friendly in my opinion. I enjoyed sharing this grow with y'all, and thought I'd share the reward!

If you're interested in receiving a bottle FREE, just raise your hand and PM/DM me your address. It's not a great time of year to ship liquids (it was 3F here last night), so I might have to wait a few days to send them out. I'll message you when shipped.

Now the bad news. As much as I hate to, I need to limit this to U.S. Residents only. I checked on the shipping costs to Canada and they are prohibitive. You could go and buy a half-dozen bottles of hot sauce for the cost of shipping. Plus, with all the tighter restrictions and shit, I'm not sure they would ever make it to you. Bummer. Sorry guys.

So, that's it in a nutshell, as they say.

Happy National Hot Sauce Day!

2.5x5 label - XL Aci Dolma v2.jpg

IMG_20220122_174714871.jpg IMG_20220122_174737932.jpg
Very very cool!

Back