• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2022

Growdown Throwdown 2022

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Read the first post, still not quite clear about the rules. 😀 Can you join with your own seeds if you have the chosen variety lying around? And what are we aiming for? If I join, I'd really like to know in which area I will be failing.

Last edited:
Read the first post, still not quite clear about the rules. 😀 Can you join with your own seeds if you have the chosen variety lying around? And what are we aiming for? If I join, I'd really like to know in which area I will be failing.
No @Ratatouille , we all use the same seed stock (provided by Guru since I joined) and the heaviest total harvest wins. Also each registered harvest must be accompanied by a photo. You can grow multiple plants but you must stick to the first one you register a weigh-in from.

aji charapita 😜
Fine with me, but yall aint ready for that!
All seeds must be from same source agreed upon by all members who vote in the forthcoming poll. The reason being to ensure all contestants are on a level genetic playing field. We've also gone with an agreed upon vendor at times. For example, the year we chose Fatalii, we all grew the Seed Savers. No one who is not willing to send SASBE, buy their own seeds, or post each and every harvest (participate) should vote on the poll.
No @Ratatouille , we all use the same seed stock (provided by Guru since I joined) and the heaviest total harvest wins. Also each registered harvest must be accompanied by a photo. You can grow multiple plants but you must stick to the first one you register a weigh-in from.
It's ended up that way but, again, any agreed upon source who has enough of the same, isolated seed stock of the chosen varietal.
I see. Very interesting. But as shipping overseas is such a hassle, I'll watch from the sideline, cheering everyone on. Just as much fun.
Oversees people have joined in, especially when we order from an agreed upon vendor that ships internationally. Also, the ones who don't mind risking and waiting on stamped postage internationally...

Last edited:
0117231807.jpg

This came in the mail today!
Thanks Bou!
Tried the sauce. Definitely taste the coffee in this one. Lots of flavor & not too hot.
Look forward
to growing all 3 of these this year.

0117231807.jpg

This came in the mail today!
Thanks Bou!
Tried the sauce. Definitely taste the coffee in this one. Lots of flavor & not too hot.
Look forward
to growing all 3 of these this year.
I'm glad you enjoy the sauce, I wanted to send you the one they make with ants (Formica Fortis) but it wasn't available atm...

I also bought one for myself but I dropped it on the garage floor when I got out of the car🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I'm glad you enjoy the sauce, I wanted to send you the one they make with ants (Formica Fortis) but it wasn't available atm...
Wonder if the ants add anything to the flavor profile or if it is just for shock value?

Wonder if the ants add anything to the flavor profile or if it is just for shock value?
I tryed it only once. Never eaten raw ants but the sauce is good and has a little "something" and most of their sauces are very good IMO. That being said, you're probably right about the shock value and their hope to create a buzz/hype!

Back