• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Growing Advice

Hi. I would like advice on why my plant is acting this way. My leaves are HUGE. Growing more every day. But production of new leaves is non exsistant. To put it more realistically they are growing slower than my established leaves. Should i prune the big ones off or...?

Kinda like this size?
2zdzv53.jpg

I say its all fine. mine got massive, but this it it now. And there is plenty of flowers.
28sogwo.jpg

2e1re5d.jpg

The LAST thing you want to do is amputate those glorious photosynthetic factories.

Personally, I'd just "sit it out" and let the plants figure out what they want to do.  If you feel you "must" intervene, maybe a light topping of the plant will stimulate new growth.

Geonerd said:
The LAST thing you want to do is amputate those glorious photosynthetic factories.

Personally, I'd just "sit it out" and let the plants figure out what they want to do.  If you feel you "must" intervene, maybe a light topping of the plant will stimulate new growth.
I think this is sound advice. Thank you.

Bluteid said:
Distilled water from store and 400 ppm nutes.

OK, but what is the total EC of the solution?

I looked at your pics. (it would be helpful if you posted them, using the

Yeah I think yours are fine too. Pretty much exactly what mine looked like.
2wgws21.jpg

Advice I can give because this was my first year also. Is to make sure you have some decent light, and flush the water every month or so and keep the PH level around the 6.5 mark.

I just use tap water and some local nutrient supplier's hydro nutes.
My tap waters PPM is around 600 so my DWC is running around 1000ppm with the flowering plants. I'm yet to see if that affects the taste of the peppers but hopefully will know soon with the first on their way now.

LocalFart said:
Yeah I think yours are fine too. Pretty much exactly what mine looked like.
2wgws21.jpg

Advice I can give because this was my first year also. Is to make sure you have some decent light, and flush the water every month or so and keep the PH level around the 6.5 mark.

I just use tap water and some local nutrient supplier's hydro nutes.
My tap waters PPM is around 600 so my DWC is running around 1000ppm with the flowering plants. I'm yet to see if that affects the taste of the peppers but hopefully will know soon with the first on their way now.

Thanks man. Just put my Chocolate Bhutlah in my second DWC. Thanks!

Back