• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Growing chili peppers from seed

Well I am about to get a 5 tier Greenhouse and a seed starter kit (tomorrow April 18th)
I will be getting another seed starter kit with a dome next Monday April 20th.
I already have some seeds from Pepper Joe's but I am thinking about adding more
because with two seed starter kits I feel if I try with more seeds I will have a better 
chance for getting several seedlings to grow and thrive so that I can replant them into 
the gardens.

Willinator said:

Well I am about to get a 5 tier Greenhouse and a seed starter kit (tomorrow April 18th)
I will be getting another seed starter kit with a dome next Monday April 20th.
I already have some seeds from Pepper Joe's but I am thinking about adding more
because with two seed starter kits I feel if I try with more seeds I will have a better 
chance for getting several seedlings to grow and thrive so that I can replant them into 
the gardens.

Hey Willi, review below.... You may want to start a Glog to keep all these random posts in one thread for easy access/review? Just a thought.

Willinator said:
Well, I am planning to use about 5 gallon Pots in which I will be planting several types of hot and some less hot
peppers.  They will not ship until the week of April 27 now because I did not properly submit my order.

I will be growing every type from super hot habaneros to even some sweet peppers, and about everything in between.
Willinator said:
Hello,  

I am waiting with bated breath for my chili plants to arrive next week sometime (hopefully)  The are
scheduled to ship next Monday on April 6th.  I should receive about 30 plants of which I am planning
to keep 19 and the other 11 are for other people.

Which chillies should I grow this year? Looking for ideas, recommendations
mtj said:
Which chillies should I grow this year? Looking for ideas, recommendations

Hi. Question above. Last year I grew mostly habaneros (reds and orange) and some carolina reapers. I still have some seeds from last year so these I will not buy, but I'm looking for something new to grow as well. What are some of the chillies you grow that taste well? Any recommendations/suggestions would be well appreciated.

If it helps, I usually make my hot sauce with peaches as a base. Also, not planing to ferment any as I just don't like the  strong vinegary taste of fermented hot sauce.
Currently I have my eyes set on 7 Pot bubblegum and Peach Ghost
_

Back