• Do you need help identifying a šŸŒ¶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? šŸ¤§
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Growing for Flavour

My Fresno's are full of incredible flavor. I let them get real red before I harvest. Best flavor out of all my peppers so far. They just get the AACT with the unsulphured goldenĀ molasses like the rest. But I'm like you, I prefer to seek out flavor before heat.

All I know is the flavor isn't so good when plants are unhealthy or towards the end of the season. I usually get 3 yields each season. However, this season I should only get two. The 2nd yield I get when things go right seem to taste the best since the plants are at their healthiest.

I got into a crazy gardening mood a few years back where I did the compost, rock dust, worm casting thing. I fed exclusively a diet of Earth Juice ferts. The bloom formula is a fossilized guano and I swear it gave me the best tasting veggies ever. Earth juice is a lot more expensive than fish/seaweed ferts though, and it's not that much better.

Turbota said:
I used to grow a lot of red peppers when I lived in the Philippines (mostly the Thai Bird's Eye variety).
Ā 
I always had good luck with just using Miracle-Gro Tomato Plant Food. 1 tablespoon per gallon of water
Ā 
Soak the soil with it about once every 3 weeks.
hi do u know anyone from ph whos growing super hots? maybe i can ask for some :)

Back