• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Growing for seed

OK I know that this has been asked before but I cant remember what the material was called or what people have used so here is the deal. Next year I will be growing only 1 of a couple plants instead of having multiples. Next season I would like to ensure pure seed and I am thinking of dividing the garden up with some kind of transparent netting (maybe a mosquito type netting?) or covering the plants them selves so that they can still pollinate and get sun but not get cross pollinated. Any suggestions how to do this effectively?

Thanks much

put a tea bag over a few of the buds that are about to flower and remove them when the flowering is done to ensure it's self pollinated. Use the seeds from whichever pods were covered by the tea bag during polination.

well I think in my situation it might be easier to just cover the whole plant. Now the next task is to find sheets of it or big enough tulle bags to cover the plant. Thanks once again POTAWIE

Crazy, just buy tulle by the yard anywhere that sells fabric, got mine at walmart. It's cheap! Then cut the size you need to cover your plant. or to make bags of it.

pepperfever said:
Crazy, just buy tulle by the yard anywhere that sells fabric, got mine at walmart. It's cheap! Then cut the size you need to cover your plant. or to make bags of it.

Seconded. I bought a roll of tulle from Walmart as well. 1' wide by 65 yards I believe. I cut lengths to about 16 inches and then folded that in half. I stitched the two sides and flipped it inside out. Here is a pic. My sewing sucks but it gets the job done.

tullebag.jpg

Back