• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds growing from seeds

Proud Marine Dad said:
I use a propagator from Charlie's Greenhouse website and my germination rates are about 90%

No light is necessary for germination. ;)
True but T5s put off a decent amount of heat, I can keep my seed trays at 85º with them.  The basement can drop to 60º or lower if I don't leave them on 24 hours it drops the temp of the grow tent.  Wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't routinely 20º outside.  I don't trust seed mats, they remind me of electric blankets, something I have had a traumatic experience using.

thanks guys wow there is a lot of ways people use. I visited a guys house that sets his yard up with all kinds of peppers and other things he grows he makes his own fertilizer and has a lighting and spraying system second to none.He wouldn't let me take pictures for some reason but he had almost any pepper you wanted .makes pretty much anything with his peppers.I left there with pepper envie  ,lol.

I get something like 90% from simple £15 ($25) store bought electric propagators, I just dump the seeds straight in soil in trays and plop them in the propagators with all the vents shut (out of the direct sun!). Some of you guys have incredibly elaborate methods, I wonder why that is? Past issues or massive production scale? 

moosery said:
I get something like 90% from simple £15 ($25) store bought electric propagators, I just dump the seeds straight in soil in trays and plop them in the propagators with all the vents shut (out of the direct sun!). Some of you guys have incredibly elaborate methods, I wonder why that is? Past issues or massive production scale?
Trial and error.

McGuiver said:
My t-5 HO bulbs put off a lot of heat.
Ballast and HO vs SO makes a huge difference in heat. I have some that can touch the leaves and some that burn at 1-2" away.

Back