• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Growing In India

tMQhJTb.jpg

evolka said:
Yes, several big rains have passed.

You prviously posted:

Can high humidity in the root zone affect the length of internodes?

Then I stand by my original observation:

Yes, excessive water, as in your pic below, can cause all kinds of issues....

post-8156-0-38154200-1607228035_thumb.jpg

[/quote]

_
[/quote]
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

evolka said:
Does anyone know the name of this disease ?

Water Stress

Both too much and too little water can prevent green pepper plants from growing properly. Overly wet soil causes the plants to grow poorly, and their leaves may fall off or appear stunted. The roots suffocate and drown. Eventually, the roots succumb to rot, and the plants die. Plant peppers in well-drained soil or raised beds to avoid water issues.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

Water Stress

Both too much and too little water can prevent green pepper plants from growing properly. Overly wet soil causes the plants to grow poorly, and their leaves may fall off or appear stunted. The roots suffocate and drown. Eventually, the roots succumb to rot, and the plants die. Plant peppers in well-drained soil or raised beds to avoid water issues.

Sorry, but I'm not looking for a reason, I know it.
My task is to help the peppers to restore their health. I don't know what to do with this disease. 

evolka said:
Sorry, but I'm not looking for a reason, I know it.
My task is to help the peppers to restore their health. I don't know what to do with this disease.

My suggestion is this:

1.Determine which plant is in the worst condition.
2.Cut a 12" diameter section of soil with roots.
3. Remove this root ball/soil in 1 piece.

Pythium crown and root rot of pepper

"The soil-borne oomycete pathogen Pythium (several species) can attack roots and crown tissue.  Young plants are more susceptible due to tender stem tissue.  Wet soils provide favorable conditions for the pathogen to develop." 

pythium-pepper1x640-1byd7zy.jpg

Check your root ball, compare above -problematic-  to below - pristine -

Smart-Pot-Pepper-Roots-768x1024.jpeg

beginning+gadening+101+how+to+plant+bell+peppers+-+squish+the+roots.jpg

_

Thank you for help.
I have new problem. I hope people from this forum help me. For me the answers of the participants of this forum are very valuable.

Attachments

• IMG_20210203_115004.jpg
    IMG_20210203_115004.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20210203_114843.jpg
    IMG_20210203_114843.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20210203_114804.jpg
    IMG_20210203_114804.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 80
add another interesting observation, old leaves shrivel while young ones do well.

Attachments

• IMG_20210204_131145.jpg
    IMG_20210204_131145.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 72
evolka said:
add another interesting observation, old leaves shrivel while young ones do well.

They return to normal at night? I have seen some of my plants doing the same, but only at high temperatures and in full sun (I'm in tropical MX).

No they are staing in this condition full time.
Plants are infected, this is not watering or sun.
I am trying to understand what this disease is and how to treat it.

evolka said:
No they are staing in this condition full time.
Plants are infected, this is not watering or sun.
I am trying to understand what this disease is and how to treat it.

If your diagnosis is a disease and not a growing condition.........

Pepper Merchant said:
If the soil is too wet it won't matter if the plant was healthy or not.

Let us know what it is and you treated it!!!!

At the moment, the spread of the disease has slowed down (Pythium or Phytophthora).
I used Metalaxyl 35% 1g/1L for watering.
The BLS situation is much more complicated. I am removing infected foliage from plants (BLS tracks still appear). For 4 days in a row I sprayed with hydrogen peroxide 6% 100ml / 5L while waiting for Ridomil Gold (Mefenoxam 4% + Manconzeb 64%). 2 days ago I applied Ridomil Gold 2g / 1L.
As an experiment, I dug up one plant, washed the roots with 5ml / 1L neem oil and transplanted it into a pot. At least this plant does not die, the symptoms of wilting continue to be. The plant stands in the shade.

Again today I used Metalaxyl 35% 1g / 1L 

Maybe you would be better suited by container growing. If your water level is very high, like in that picture with the holes completely filled (with groundwater I presume), then that land is unreliable at best and completely unusable for peppers at worst.

Container growing can be cheap with fabric grow bags (can even make them yourself) and you could then manage it and let them dry out between waterings. What do you think?

Kramer said:
Maybe you would be better suited by container growing. If your water level is very high, like in that picture with the holes completely filled (with groundwater I presume), then that land is unreliable at best and completely unusable for peppers at worst.

Container growing can be cheap with fabric grow bags (can even make them yourself) and you could then manage it and let them dry out between waterings. What do you think?
At this point, the groundwater has dropped. The land is dry, but the disease persists. I can't stop BLS

Back