• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

growing in pots

My plants that i got are all doing good as of right now.when is the best time to start putting out after winter.can i keep them potted?or is it better to put into ground?also this last growing season i grew some reg habanero plants that did great and produced  a lot of pods i did not know at the time that you could replant into pots for winter.how is the best way to do this?

Following with interest. I thought the same thing but not sure how I'll do it yet. I'd say I'm almost positive I'm going to put some of them in 50 gallon drumbs and 20 gallon buckets from the hardware store.

CAM02126_zps8fa39aed.jpg

Most of my plants outgrew the 5 gallon buckets they're in.. The bigger the root structure can get the bigger plant you'll have. My problem is that the dirt here is almost all clay and the plants i put in the ground grow but stay smaller. So in all actuality its about how big do you want it to get. You could leave it and feed it also but I'm sure they're root bound if they're in the same containers from last season. So my vote would be for the bigger container if your "growing in pots".

smileyguy697 said:
Following with interest. I thought the same thing but not sure how I'll do it yet. I'd say I'm almost positive I'm going to put some of them in 50 gallon drumbs and 20 gallon buckets from the hardware store.
CAM02126_zps8fa39aed.jpg

Most of my plants outgrew the 5 gallon buckets they're in.. The bigger the root structure can get the bigger plant you'll have. My problem is that the dirt here is almost all clay and the plants i put in the ground grow but stay smaller. So in all actuality its about how big do you want it to get. You could leave it and feed it also but I'm sure they're root bound if they're in the same containers from last season. So my vote would be for the bigger container if your "growing in pots".
Put them in a large pillow case next season

I got 30 plants given to me some are in smaller pots but some of the others are in gallon and a half pots.i will buy some 5 gallon pots what is the best way that you have found to transplant?

Back