• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Growing Mushrooms

24 hours later  :party:
oyster8-17_zps2af40a1f.jpg

Thanks this strain is grey dove. they start off as steel blue then will change to grey as they mature or so im told. hope I get to find out

PexPeppers said:
mushrooms huh. here ya GO

fully colonized mycelium:

159pYrm.jpg

two weeks later after spawning to coco coir:

hqhQG9z.jpg

PexPeppers said:

Panaeolus cambodginiensis (Sandose Goliath)
FuvhYAe.jpg

Psilocybe Cyanscens
WaVRMjx.jpg

Psilocybe Mexicana A
WpFIaCe.jpg

Please note. these are NOT my grows. however, i do have some knowledge of mycology.

Fungus gnats have haunted my grow for the last 2 seasons which suggests my soil is growing some fungus.  If you guys know how to grow shrooms I thought you might be able to suggest a way to keep my plants soil fungus free.  The tap water they get is pH 8 which I thought might be helping the fungi?

Robisburning said:
Fungus gnats have haunted my grow for the last 2 seasons which suggests my soil is growing some fungus.  If you guys know how to grow shrooms I thought you might be able to suggest a way to keep my plants soil fungus free.  The tap water they get is pH 8 which I thought might be helping the fungi?
Compost tea should help with stopping or preventing fungus in soil....I have used milk in a fine mist sprayer for my mycology ....
10% milk solution: pour 1 oz. milk (= 2 Tbsp.) into a spray bottle. Pour 9 oz. water (= 1 cup + 2 Tbsp.) into the same spray bottle, mix thoroughly. If you have plain yogurt on hand, add anywhere from 1 tsp. to 1 Tbsp. plain yogurt to the milk/water mix and shake vigorously, then spray where needed...

Robisburning said:
Awesome, thanks.  I just gave the plants a soak in worm casting enriched water, will that likely have a similar effect?
I've never done that so I can't say....
But I'm sure it would be the same as spraying them with compost tea...

Mushrooms, mushrooms and more mushrooms. Eating them every night, giving them away to friends and family and brought some to a couple restaurants. they loved them. I can see that if you really know your stuff you could make a really nice profit growing mushrooms.  :cheers:

Fantastic grow freeport. Be sure to post pics of the logs as well.

I am itching to get into this myself, well, the gourmet side. Love the fungi. The medicinal strains are cool, too. Turkey tails and such.

The guy who runs fungi.com is really a wicked activist, albeit a little loopy from the psilly. Worth having a look at his talks on youtube. Mindblowing, in fact.

Robisburning said:

Dissolve a quarter of  mosquito dunk in a gallon of water and water your plants with that also put up a fly trap. This way you're attacking two parts of the life cycle.
'
Fungi free soil is an impossible task.

You can easily make a living off of mycology.....I have 2 restraunts that I sell my lions mane and enokis to..I cant keep up with their demand and I have a serious grow setup...and in summer I setup a table at the local farmers market every Saturday that I have a flush ready and my table is all folded up within 2 hours due to selling out ...

It's a great supplemental income if you really get a system down and purchaser setup for your product...;)
FreeportBum said:
Mushrooms, mushrooms and more mushrooms. Eating them every night, giving them away to friends and family and brought some to a couple restaurants. they loved them. I can see that if you really know your stuff you could make a really nice profit growing mushrooms.  :cheers:

AaronB said:

The guy who runs fungi.com is really a wicked activist, albeit a little loopy from the psilly. Worth having a look at his talks on youtube. Mindblowing, in fact.

I'm having a hard time reconciling "mindblowing" and "loopy".

Back