• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Growing Roselle

so finally after a half year of wait raising them from seed, my roselle plants are starting to produce calyxes. I manage to keep 3 plants now that I believe is reaching their maturity. I have two plants in containers and one plant directly on to the ground. i'm now excited in making my own hibiscus tea.

those anybody knows how many calyxes a single plant can produce?

IMG_2309-1.jpg

sorry I can't help, I tried growing this last year, but left it to a crappy baby sitter while I went to Thailand.......wasn't there when I got back... good luck

I've tried growing it twice without much success. Our season is short, and the nights are cool in the summer, so it grew very slowly. Last year the plant did start to produce calyxes, but we had our first frost before they looked fully mature. I was really hoping to make some homemade "Red Zinger" tea, so I was pretty disappointed. Maybe I should try starting some indoors in the spring to give it a head start.

Back