• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hab Plant Progression

This is my first year growing peppers, from the pictures below how is the over all growth? It's survived two bouts from spider mites and finally free from the bonds of the little monsters!

April 20th 2010
IMG_0289.jpg

May 28th 2010
IMG_0457.jpg

June 16th 2010 after a long day of soaking in the sun! Measured from the root/soil connection to the highest point, was 14 1/2 inches. Two weeks ago I went from the self watering green pot to the simple black plastic one with Fox Farm Ocean potting soil and noticed the plant just thrive!
IMG_0531.jpg

Overall I have counted 28 pods of goodness
IMG_0535.jpg

So far I haven't had any luck with getting any of the flowers to pollinate, especially with my sweet banana pepper plants, so far I have had 10 flowers just drop off... I've tried shaking, I've tried tickling and I have even tried talking dirty to them... no luck.

Thanks for taking the time to look!

-J

This is my first year growing peppers, from the pictures below how is the over all growth? It's survived two bouts from spider mites and finally free from the bonds of the little monsters!

April 20th 2010
IMG_0289.jpg

May 28th 2010
IMG_0457.jpg

June 16th 2010 after a long day of soaking in the sun! Measured from the root/soil connection to the highest point, was 14 1/2 inches. Two weeks ago I went from the self watering green pot to the simple black plastic one with Fox Farm Ocean potting soil and noticed the plant just thrive!
IMG_0531.jpg

Overall I have counted 28 pods of goodness
IMG_0535.jpg

So far I haven't had any luck with getting any of the flowers to pollinate, especially with my sweet banana pepper plants, so far I have had 10 flowers just drop off... I've tried shaking, I've tried tickling and I have even tried talking dirty to them... no luck.

Thanks for taking the time to look!

-J

Looking good. But unless I'm totally off here I don't think you have to do anything as far as pollination. They self pollinate from what I think I've learned. If not then I'm in trouble and need to go work with mine lol

Ya, gonna go sometime Thursday to get 2.5 or 5 gallon pot... Still trying to figure out exactly where I am going to put it... Right now it's just hanging out in the window all day and then moved over to the computer desk until I call it a night, then back in the window it goes.

-J

Thank you thank you... I'll be even happier when there are some peppers to enjoy :P Maybe Im just completely impatient on waiting for them to form? haha

Looking good there. He how do you like those SWC? Are they the same ones you get from Wallyworld? I am thinking about getting a few.

Yup, those are the ones from Wallyworld. I had nothing but issues with those things and finally switched everything over to the black plastic pots you see in the pictures from today. Even with watering once every 7-10 days the bottom soil would still be completely soaked. Then again, you might have better luck than I, only one way to find out haha.

-J

Very healthy plant with nice short node distance! Pot it up with that fox farm again and keep the dirty talk going. Everyone, even peppers benefits from a little filth speak every now and again :lol:

Back