• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

habanero, cayenne, fresno, jalapeno, santa fe.... help me confirm please

So, please .. if you can help me confirm these varieties.... got them today in a supermarket ... couldn't let them stay there
the label says imported from Austria .. but it is similar package to the Belgium/Netherland ones....

from left to right top row.... somekind of Habanero (very hot with strong habanero aroma), somekind of Cayenne (documentation says Furilla pepper) and Santa Fe
middle row.... chinense for sure small weird dark brownish habaneroish looking ... two pods on the left ... very low heat maybe DUD .. i dont know ...., second one is Fresno, last one is Jalapeno....
bottom row ... very similar smell, taste and heat to my Bulgarian Carrots .. but more pointy tip ... , the last one is a hybrid cayenne named Starflame
supermarketaustrianchile.jpg

the brown one cut in half....
supermarketaustrianbrown.jpg

any clue?

Can confirm the Santa Fe, though I prefer mine a bit more ripened... orange or red.

The orange one in the center looks more like a mini sweet sold in bags at many grocery stores. The Fresnos I've seen are more elongated and bright red. Is it hot like the jalapeno? If so it's probably a Fresno just not fully ripened.

Back