• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Habanero Chocolate Hand Grenade

Hello all I would appreciate any information on this pepper. I belong to the G.W. forum also and two fellow growers grew these last season. They received these in the annual seed swap. They were labeled but had no growers name. Can anyone tell me anything about, heat, cross and taste.

Thank You
Jackson13

Nigel tells me the flavor is excellent. The pods are large and thick-walled. Heat is double that of a yellow Fatalii. I also received my seeds from ajijoe.

I was sent some this year and the flavor is excellent.  First go round didn't seem too hot, second go around was much hotter.  Liked it well enough I am adding them to my grow next season.

Very nice and thanks for the information. Does anyone know what it was crossed with or just a new variety that someone sent ajijoe the seeds?

Thanks to all and you were  all right regarding Ajijoe, He said it was African black hab and an unknown species. Heat level 8 or 9.

Thanks Ajijoe for the input and information.

FGpepperguy said:
Is Joe selling seeds again? Or just to a select few?
I'd say.. make him an offer he can't refuse  :party:

I'm also growing the Habanero chocolate hand grenade this year (F4). I'm really curious on how it will turn out. It's already been planted on the 8th of october, and it was one of the first ones to germ and is quite a vigorous grower, it has the thickest stem of my new plants.

If it's an F4 where's pics of F1, F2 & F3? I keep seeing new pepper names saying F3 or F4 but you never see any of the first generations. If it is a new cross there would be many different phenos in F2 & F3.

If it's an F4 where's pics of F1, F2 & F3? I keep seeing new pepper names saying F3 or F4 but you never see any of the first generations. If it is a new cross there would be many different phenos in F2 & F3.

F4? Shoooot! Since this was seven years ago, I wanna see F11!

Come on folks. Post it up.:D

Back