• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Habanero Garden 2009

Its still winter here but put in a heap of habanero out the back of the shop. Am going to birdnet the area as there are some possums I am concerned about that might munch my seedlings.
Anyway heres a pic
DSCF3967.jpg

260 chocolate habanero
I have a flower grower friend growing about 260 red habanero
so fingers crossed if it works no more habanero shortage.

Mick

stillmanz said:
Its still winter here but put in a heap of habanero out the back of the shop. Am going to birdnet the area as there are some possums I am concerned about that might munch my seedlings.

That's a lot of plants, makes my 24 orange habs look a little sad. :lol:

Bloody hell mate That's going to look awesome when they get to full size....

It'll almost be a full time job picking them all when they start to ripen....:lol:

Good luck with it mate..

Nice layout Stillz. Why so many Choc Habs? Are you selling the pods or just using them to make mass quantities of sauce?

stillmanz said:
what is snow?
lol
I don't get frosts
I don't really get temps under 10 degrees celcius at the peak of winter.

I would love that. Although what are your summer highs?
By the way, awesome plot you have there. As others have said, I can't wait to see that thing all filled in.

stillmanz said:
what is snow?
lol
I don't get frosts
I don't really get temps under 10 degrees celcius at the peak of winter.

It looks like your Hab launch pad is all set for liftoff!!!

If it never gets below 10C why don't you have chili trees that are several years old???

very nice setup stillz....

LOL - reminds me of my old garden setup before I switched to containers. Every heavy object I could find was used to hold down the weed plastic to keep it from blowing away. They should sell some cheap garden weights. :lol:

potawie yep they planted in tight 30 cm apart its gonna get sqishy but Its a trial for us growing at this size.
I have plants at home that are a few years old but I find in general, pod sizes are never as big on the whole.
So we are going to try it the traditional farming way. Because our season is so long we can grow out from seed every year.
Mind you this is a experiment, I hope it all works but there are no garentees.

Back