• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Habanero sauce

Hi,

I am looking for a new sauce, I have been using Encona brand Hot pepper sauce, and I'm looking for a Habanero sauce which is a little hotter..
Any recommendations?? Is el yucateco any good?

Thanks!

El Yukateco is fantastic. Go with their XXXtra Hot sauce (unripened Habaneros but still a fantastic flavor and no artificial colors like their other ones). I went through 8 bottles of that in one year once.

Grace makes excellent hot sauces. I recommend their Scotch Bonnet though as i have not had the hab. Also Tropical Pepper Co. Both are $2 a bottle. Really basic stuff, but worth it.

theres so many good habanero hot sauces on the market. you just need to find which ones you like better, theres plenty that have different ingredients than the basic - chiles,vinegar,salt - or their ratio is different.
search the ingredient list for things you like & just pick some to try, its all trial & error IMO & down the road (say next harvest season :)) you'll just start making your own hot sauce the way you like it.

I know that wasnt very helpful but the list of good habanero hot sauces could be very long & then what one person thinks is good, you might not.

FE - I bought 2 bottles of that "grace scotch bonnet" hot sauces several months ago on a close out deal in a little mom/pop store, that was good! not extreme heat just a decent heat & flavor was good! & cheap

chilehunter said:
FE - I bought 2 bottles of that "grace scotch bonnet" hot sauces several months ago on a close out deal in a little mom/pop store, that was good! not extreme heat just a decent heat & flavor was good! & cheap
Yeah for a chilehead, it's not the hottest stuff around. However, it's a great go-to kinda sauce. I've been keeping a bottle with me at all times over the last two weeks. I use it as if it were gravy. It's just a real solid SB flavor.

you know better yet give us a selection to choose from whereever you're buying this hot sauce from (assuming you're ordering it from somewhere)
what are your choices or what sauce interest you from their website. then we could tell you which ones taste better.

woodys, gets good reviews from some members here, hes in the UK or europe somewhere ?

Marie Sharp's is my fave. If you can't find MS proper look for one of the labels they copack for. If it's a bright orange hab sauce and says "product of Belize" somewhere on the label there's a 99% chance it's made by Marie Sharp and is damn good hot sauce.

Sontave is made by MS.

isn't Marie Sharp and Melinda's about the same? I think I heard that one of them is a spinoff of the other as the founder left the company and started the other.

Thanks for the tips everybody, I think I'll try out the yucateco brand first, after that I'll experiment a little.. :)

Also check the winners of THPA 08 for some good stuff.

I just finished a bottle of "memphis mojo orig. red hot sauce" I've been putting this on everything I eat lately, IMO the flavor is good but a medium heat. (SB not habs)

Habanero sauce with pics!!!

ok guys i made a Habanero sauce and it came out real good... i had a few of the guys at work try it out...i pre-marinated the chicken for 2hours then i just grilled them sorry no pics of the chicken. but i do have pics of the sauce.. i used 32 Habaneros and i cooked them in apple cider vinger and salt... i cooked them maybe 30mins could have been a bit longer i was at work doing this. then i pureed them first then i added red onion fresh,gralic powder i had fresh but no time to get it and i added some fresh carrots and more salt think thats all i did.
IMG00026-20090103-09371.jpg
IMG00027-20090103-09491.jpg

Back