• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Habanero, some have funny black spots others are funny wrinkly

Hi all

I am hoping someone can help me please, I have a habanero bush and all of a sudden, some of the orange fruit have a few black spots on them and the greens one have a funny texture to before.

Not sure what to do, think my plant may be sick, but not sure with what or what I should do. Please help asap :-)

might be worth posting some pics so people can see what you're talking about... hope it all works out..

Well I am not good at diagnosing things like this but I believe pictures may be helpful. Some of veterans on here will probably be able to help. Good luck.

hab1.jpg
hab2.jpg
hab3.jpg
hab4.jpg

Here goes

looks like it could be calcium deficiency to me...

I am using Chicken Manure as fertilizer which has 29grams per kilo of calcium as well as something called SEAGRO which has 0.5 g per kilo. However these plants have not been recently transplanted, in fact this is the 2nd season this plant is in the specific pot. The fruit that is on their now is the 2nd harvest of the season.

I usually just crush about 5 eggshells or so in a coffee grinder which is supposed to prevent BER(blossom end rot)and add
that to my soil...maybe you can just prune the heck out of your plants and transplant them again...hopefully you shouldn't experience the same problems when they start fruiting again:rolleyes:

Overall the plant doesn't look very healthy, the leaves are way to small probably nutrient related (an imbalance of some kind or pH related) and most of the pods look overall pretty bad not just in one area, I don't think a cutworm can make a plant look that bad as a whole including the fruit.

Back