• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Habanero's

I have been hooked on chocolate habs for several days. I almost crave them. I am definitely becoming a junkie.
Seems like there is a certain flavor that tends to hang around after eating some. Question is do all habs seem to have a distinctive similar flavor. Or is it just with chocolate habs. And is there another pepper that seems to have the same flavour.
Newbie that's just wondering.

I really like this flavour. It's just different. I used to the taste of jalapenos for the most part. And habanero sauces. But this little chocolate habanero is the coolest. I am thinking of buying a box and canning some puree.

Actually, I forgot another that I tried Caribbean Red Habanero. I've liked all of the hab flavors with the chocolate being my favorite as well.

Naga Chomper said:
Chocolate habs, fataliis, and yellow 7s are my top three for flavor. And pretty much in that order.
Aji Lemon is really good too, I've also heard Aji Pineapple was a really good flavor too. I've only tried the Lemon and the flavor was great! Very Citrus flavor

Yes,  Chocolate Habs really are quite amazing. I wanted to try them against Harold's St. Barts for flavor but alas, my Harolds seedlings succumbed to the Broad mites...

Next year...

Trinidad congo are pretty much the Trinidad version of Carribean Habs and I like them best of all for flavour (thanks Wes!). You can get them in yellow, red and chocolate. They are hotter than chocolate Habs, though. 

Oh, and Red and Yellow Trinidad Morugas are really good, too. Not the Moruga blend or Moruga Sorpion! 

Those peppers sure do look good. That's too bad they are bitter.

Nigel said:
Oh, and Red and Yellow Trinidad Morugas are really good, too. Not the Moruga blend or Moruga Sorpion! 
I will try them Nigel.  Thanks for your input.

Back