• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Habenero or not

here are some updated pics of my mystery hab! pods are add looking!
IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

i know i will have to wait but maybe someone can shed some light on what they might be

Eric

I think it could be the peruvian white lightning or the yucatan white habanero.

not ur basic orange yucantan,

My money is on it ripening red. The only thing better than getting nice tasty pods is getting something that's both tasty AND unexpected. Sometimes hybrids suck because you lose out on what you really wanted, but I find the surprise is usually worth it anyway.

well i have a couple pods ripening as we speak! they are turning orange! i ate a little one that was not 100% ripe and it was very sweet, juicy, but not as hot as i was hoping for(think my tollerance is up) my gf tasted it and punched my arm! :rofl: i asked " did you taste how sweet it is?" "NO!!!! all i taste is HOT ASS shit!" HAHAHAHAHHAH so once the bigger one ripens fully i'll take it and cut it in half to show the inside as the walls seem thicker than a store bough hab. here is a picture of the one ripening. this was taken yesterday morning
IMG_2347.jpg

well i have a couple pods ripening as we speak! they are turning orange! i ate a little one that was not 100% ripe and it was very sweet, juicy, but not as hot as i was hoping for(think my tollerance is up) my gf tasted it and punched my arm! :rofl: i asked " did you taste how sweet it is?" "NO!!!! all i taste is HOT ASS shit!" HAHAHAHAHHAH so once the bigger one ripens fully i'll take it and cut it in half to show the inside as the walls seem thicker than a store bough hab. here is a picture of the one ripening. this was taken yesterday morning

Its funny the day I posted I noticed mine had changed color too. Do you think we have some type of hybrid on our hands?

006.jpg

004-2.jpg

001-1.jpg

Really, they look mean enough to have a bite... Ill keep you posted. I tried the equadorian devils breath and they were nice and hot with a real fruty/citrus taste.
my problem is my tollerance is high where i can eat the hab and i can taste some warmth but its not like WOW thats a hot pepper like when i eat a fatalii, or a piece of a douglah or brain strain, or even one of my jamaican red mushrooms!

i would like to hear your take on the pods!@

my problem is my tollerance is high where i can eat the hab and i can taste some warmth but its not like WOW thats a hot pepper like when i eat a fatalii, or a piece of a douglah or brain strain, or even one of my jamaican red mushrooms!

i would like to hear your take on the pods!@

Sorry it took so long... I tasted a few pods and had a few friends try them too... They are pretty hot, Id say a lot more so than the store baught habs. I also like how thick and fleshy they are. They really went well in salsa and guac. Most of the party was red in the face and tearing up from my sampler. Overall Im pretty habby with the little guys.
0013.jpg

0012.jpg

thats good to hear! i will be giving away my plant to make room for a hotter pod. i have eaten then straight and they are TOO sweet and the burn is similar to what i used to get from a serano, but everyone else says they are too hot! LOL now ROmy6 sent me some seeds and a few Dorset nagas from his garden and i ate 2 last night and one today with lunch and that was a hot pepper with a much subtler sweet flavor. gave a little taste to a co worker who asked for a bite and she was running around the office calling me a dick! LOL good times!

Eric

Back