• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Hairy little thing!

Well picked up a new plant today, however the person who sold it to me has no idea what kind it is..ITS REALLY HAIRY as you can see in the picture, the plant is approx 38 inches tall, has white flowers and the peppers on it so far seem to average about 2 inches and are green, but are turning black because of sunburn i guess...
IMG_20120708_120230.jpg

IMG_20120708_125805.jpg

IMG_20120708_125645.jpg

IMG_20120708_120423.jpg

IMG_20120708_125723.jpg

IMG_20120708_125657.jpg

i have 3 different plants that look the same... i call them all goat's weed... LOL... but the nurseries said, chile negro, black cobra, and bombero... i know they're all pubescent family, but they all have the same taste kinda... good stuff for picado and taco salsa...

i will go with black cobra becuase it sounds cooler haha ...i know the [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]pubescent family are hairy plants but all the sites i seen goat weed/black cobra say [/background]annuum...so is it annuum or [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]pubescent?[/background]

Gray Fuzzies.

Goat weed , Black Cobra , Black Momba , Chile Negro de arbol , Vietnamese Black Dragon , Black Chile Verde , Chile Huerto , Chile Pajarito (not Aji Pajarito) ,and Chile Chiquito.
Seems like there are a couple more in my Gray Fuzzy collection.All are Goat Weed types with some differences between them that you might not notice unless they are growing side by side.

I think the Chile Negro De Arbol was the fuzziest so far but a couple of the new ones look to be trying to out fuzz it.
Biggest podded one so far is the Black Chile Verde,also the biggest plant...

To hard to go through my pics to post pics now.
Been growing gray fuzzies for several years.

Try Vietnamese and Chinese Black Dragon,Black Chile Grande,Black Cobra,Goat weed,chile negro de arbol and other names mentioned above.
Don't forget gray fuzzies...

You can probably find my pics,and other pics if you google the names,and or gray fuzzies...several vendors steal my pics all the time.

Note the plant shapes upturned pods,pendant pods,upturned that go pendant,pod size.
Then plant shape-bush,tall plant or tree shaped...
Some gray fuzzies pods are VERY thin and pointed,some are up to 4in. long.
Some varieties have pods shaped like a lot of ornamentals-tear drop shaped too.

Place of origin varies a LOT too.

Just because Goat weed is what people are familiar with means little in general.

The different gray fuzzies with green to black to red pods aren't all the same.
I grew several gray fuzzies over the years,a few years side by side.
Yes ,unless you looked a some plants side by side you might think they are the same,they aren't a lot of times.

Add to the fact that some vendors make up names for stuff.
You Really have to compare different plants at times rather than go by a vendors name.

I see this plant from Vietnam , China , Venezuela , Mexico and a few other places.
Not just seeds from a vendor,landrace stuff.

gumbii said:
i have 3 different plants that look the same... i call them all goat's weed... LOL... but the nurseries said, chile negro, black cobra, and bombero... i know they're all pubescent family, but they all have the same taste kinda... good stuff for picado and taco salsa...

Pubescence family?

They Gray Fuzzies are Annuums.

Bombero that I grew were mini Jalapeno type peppers.

Not gray fuzzies at all.

I had a couple plants,one was upturned pods the other was pendant.
Both plants put out the same size and shaped pods.

I really liked Bombero peppers.
Heavy producers year round.
XLNT Jalapeno taste - used when red.

Wonder if your tags got messed with or you got crossed seeds.
I don't know your source of plants or seeds...

I assume since I got 4 plants and only got 2 variations of the same thing,AND the seeds I saved grew either upturned or pendant pods,my plants must have been cool.
Not hybrids or misslabeled by a customer or ?
I still grow the seeds out now.

I think there might be a gray fuzzy called Bombilla,not sure without checking.
Pretty sure though...

Edit- Googled Bombero pepper,I see a plant that looks a lot like Chile Negro de arbol BUT isn't tree shaped...
I guess it's back to what vendors sell/call their product.

My Bombero might be a Mini Jalapeno because the grower decided to call it what they wanted...Who knows.

I do think I had a Bombilla gray fuzzy at one time...

Back