• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

HAJ's cross section

Ok, new GLOG is up  :dance:

Grow list updated ...

Main focus here is on my work with crosses. So first a list of what I managed to cross this far, and a status:
  • HAJ12D, Chocolate Habanero X GRIF 9293. Wanted to make a medium hot chocolate chinense. Had 12 F2s, and 4 F3s from the best F2. But have since realised that medium chinense's are hard to come by. Either they are hot, or they are not !
    Current status: No further growing of this cross.
  • HAJ13A, Aji Lemon Drop X Choclate Habanero. This was most for the fun of it, but if I could get a choclate coloured aji, it would be great. F1 is really good, but have had next to no luck with F2s. Will try some more this season.
    2015: Back crossed with Aji Lemon Drop, HAJ13A XB.
    Current status: F1s and F2s growing.
  • HAJ13B, Aji Benito X Blondie. Aim was to have a white stuffable baccatum. Have found 2 good candidate's among the F2s. One is maybe even more white than Blondie but same shape, the other is a round with peach colour. First peach baccatum I've seen  :cool:
    2015: Selected F3s: #1 Long white and wrinkled. #2 Round white.
    #1, current status: Sown, ready to flower.
    #2, current status: podding up.
  • HAJ13C, Yellow Habanero (or something like that) X Trinidad Perfume. Aim was again to have a medium hot chinense. F1 is quite nice and has some big pods. Due to my guess that a medium hot chinense may not be achivable from crossing a mild and a hot chinense.
    Current status: this cross is shelved (for now).
  • HAJ13D, mild peach chinense X Pimenta de Neyde. Aim is a peach and purple chili with the good taste of the mother. Have grown 10 F2s until now. One had a bit of purple, but not enough for me. Another had a very good taste, but no purple. I've sown 20 more F2, and terminated everything but the 2 most purple. Looking forward to see what I'll get from that... Further have just sown 50 F3s from the F2 with very good taste, to see if any recessive purple colour can be found  :pray:
    2015: Found good F3 candidate
    Current status: Will soon get ripe F4 chilies.
  • HAJ14A, CGN 23209 X Cheiro do Norte. Mostly made to pass the time, but maybe I can get some kind of caramel colour  :think: First F1 pod has just set under the LED light.
    Current status: Abandoned.
  • HAJ14E, Ancho Mulato X Hungarian Black. Will I be able to make an Ancho Negro  :eek: F1 has just sprouted.
    Current status: Abandoned,
  • HAJ15F, Pinicchio's Nose x Jalapeno Mucho Nacho F1. Can I get the longest Jalapeno ?
    Current status: F2 in progress.
  • HAJ15G, Bishops Crown X Aji Lemon Drop. Aiming at the Lemon Crown.
    Current status: F2 sown.
  • HAJ15H, Aji Omnicolor X Aji Angelo. Trying for a big omnicolor.
    Current status: F1 getting close to ripe.
  • HAJ16i, Aji Lemon Drop x HAJ13B #1. Trying for a white bacctum, ripening from dark green.
    Current status: F1 sown.

Other stuff growing:
  • 7 pot Bubblegum
  • Aji Angelo
  • Aji Carjamarca, maybe
  • Aji Lemon Drop
  • Aji Omnicolour
  • Bishops Crown
  • Black Naga
  • Cayenne Long Slim
  • CGN 21500
  • Cheiro do Norte
  • Jalapeno Mucho Nacho F1
  • Peruvian Purple
  • Pimenta de Neyde (though it looks a bit pale...)
  • Pinocchios Nose
  • Mustard Habanero​
  • 5 plants from Semillas.de hotmix

A picture of the 2 new HAJ13D F2 (plus a late show that is not purple), and their own little bodygauard: 
002_zps2089b905.jpg

A reference to the old GLOG with more pictures of my crosses.

Thanx for looking. 

Back