• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Half has Heat Half Doesn't

So im going to called this the Yellow 7Pot and I piked it today opened it and took some seeds i was curious about the taste and heat I ate the bottom half and wow it was delicious, sooo good that i can say its my favorite pepper to date, well the one thing i noticed is that a bellpepper had more heat than this bottom half, i was disapointed so i decided to eat the other half about an hour later and Holy Molly this this was Hotter than a ghost pepper for sure, kinna odd that the heat was not distributed all around the pepper, any ideas why?
292E50BC-1AE7-4CE3-9F8D-DA91AE5F5C07-1864-000000F8AFDEB68C.jpg

7830C8B7-AAAC-40AE-8168-25A811BB1D53-1864-000000F8A0550715.jpg

CDDAAFC5-6684-4FBC-BB5A-797970C5CD4B-1864-000000F8B904C3C6.jpg

Does the placenta go right down to the bottom? It's hard to see in the pic but it looks like it might go down only half way?? (at least the bulk of it looks to be at the top)

That might explain it as most of the heat (capsaicin) is in the placental tissue.

Can you see any oil on the flesh near the bottom? If not, that would be why.

That's about all I got........

(although as far as superhots go, they usually look like they are just oozing oil all over)

So im going to called this the Yellow 7Pot and I piked it today opened it and took some seeds i was curious about the taste and heat I ate the bottom half and wow it was delicious, sooo good that i can say its my favorite pepper to date, well the one thing i noticed is that a bellpepper had more heat than this bottom half, i was disapointed so i decided to eat the other half about an hour later and Holy Molly this this was Hotter than a ghost pepper for sure, kinna odd that the heat was not distributed all around the pepper, any ideas why?
292E50BC-1AE7-4CE3-9F8D-DA91AE5F5C07-1864-000000F8AFDEB68C.jpg

7830C8B7-AAAC-40AE-8168-25A811BB1D53-1864-000000F8A0550715.jpg

CDDAAFC5-6684-4FBC-BB5A-797970C5CD4B-1864-000000F8B904C3C6.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a noob growing superhots and had the same experience. Maybe so anxious to sample our peppers, we pick some early ones too soon before they ripen all the way down to the tip. :think:

Rocoto/manzano is really good specially because it has such a thick wall and packs some heat for the other pepper (7pot) really good in flavor just so thin but now i guess ill let them get fully ripen

Yah i just did that too i think gasificada is right the white part by the stem is the hot part taking a bite of the tip gives a false idea of the heat so as any curious human we take another bite and POW A BIG O PUNCH TO THE MOUTH AND WERE RUNNING FOR MILK!!!!! AW GOTA LOVE IT...

Yah i just did that too i think gasificada is right the white part by the stem is the hot part taking a bite of the tip gives a false idea of the heat so as any curious human we take another bite and POW A BIG O PUNCH TO THE MOUTH AND WERE RUNNING FOR MILK!!!!! AW GOTA LOVE IT...
Yea onced i thought it wasnt hot enough i poped it and Pow right in the kisser

My 7 year old is attempting to assert his heat tolerance these days. Ihave kung pao's, giant thai's, slim jim cayenne's & jalapeno's growing in the garden next to my superhots and herbs... he limes to ask me to pick him a ripe pepper to taste once a week or so to show off to tbe girl next door. Problem is that he always bites off the tips and proclaims: thats not so hot daddy while taking another bite. He always misses seeds on the first then full into them by the 2nd! Bwah hah hah hah.... i swear his hair and face turn into the Heat Miser almost before he puts the pepper down!

My 7 year old is attempting to assert his heat tolerance these days. Ihave kung pao's, giant thai's, slim jim cayenne's & jalapeno's growing in the garden next to my superhots and herbs... he limes to ask me to pick him a ripe pepper to taste once a week or so to show off to tbe girl next door. Problem is that he always bites off the tips and proclaims: thats not so hot daddy while taking another bite. He always misses seeds on the first then full into them by the 2nd! Bwah hah hah hah.... i swear his hair and face turn into the Heat Miser almost before he puts the pepper down!
Ha I Would Love to See That Face

Back