• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Hammerfall 2013 GLOG

Hi Guys,
Im back in 2013 :)

i have planted some peppers that i will list later on. just wanted to start the page and so on...

Basically this year shoudl be pretty simple..

multiple plant of some super Hot to make more powder an sauce,
so of them are Carolina reaper, Butch T, Primo's, 7 pot, some nice cross like Douglah x Butch T and Douglah X Morouga and so on....

Also for my Lady should have multiple plants of Espelette cause she love those peppers
and i will also plant a lot of Aji Lemon Drop, Biker Billy Jalapeno and Cayenne for cooking and "not so hot" sauce for the family.

shoudl have about 30-40 different variety so hang on guys! cant wait to post the list and picture of the progress of my seedlings..

also not to forget want to plant some heirloom tomato and some very good one...

and this is beside my apple Orchard to run and my day job!!!! i shoudl be very tired at the end of the year but it's so nice to work on those passions!

Cheer guys! i raise my glass of hard cider (home made) to all of you!

very tasty and some heat to them.. you can compare them as black pepper (like salt n pepper) for heat.
in france the apellation ESPELETTE is to protect the name and business arounf that.... like those "champagne" wine...

dont expect too much heat... but in recipe it's great!
and around here espelette powder cost an arm and a leg so i prefer make it myself :D

hahahaha thanks Guys!
yes it will be hot! last year got stuck by a cold the day before i was looking to harvest... lost a lot of peppers!
this year now im geared up with my dehydrator and should receive today a fermentation pot for sauekraut and fermented pepper sauce...

so as soon as they wil be ready i will transform them!

also the garden space was made up last year so i planted in the garden a bit late in summer...
so this year i think it will skyrocket!

also i have a big big pile of compost/chiken manure waiting to be put in the garden as fertiliser!

so will work on the list and picture this week.

from what i have seen yesterday i think i already have 5 reaper that poped outof soil and one armageddon

Hail my friend!

Ok here's the list:

7 Pot red (weird mysterious...) hope it will turn like the pod i have taken seeds from!
7 Pot Yellow
7 Pot Primo (from the man himself!)
7 Pot Bubblegum
7 Pot Monster Infinity
7 Pot Chaguana #2 Orange (F2)
TIO
Carolina Reaper (HP22B) (Directly from ED)
Armageddon (Monster Naga x Douglah)
Naga Viper (Original bought from Gerald)
Naga Viper (Snake head pod seeds... trying to isolate this nice look :0) )
Naga Morich
Dorset Naga
Bhut Jolokia Caramel
Aji Lemon Drop
Espelette
Big Mama Naga (from primo)
Scorpanero peach
Habalokia Peach
Choc Bhut x Yellow 7 Pot (F2)
Rocoto Amarillo
Biker Billy Jalapeno
T.S. Butch T (Original seeds from Butch Taylor)
T.S. Chocolate
T.S Douglah x Butch T
T.S. Morouga Blend
T.S Butch T x Aji Lemon Drop (My first cross try of last year.... hope the seeds are viable)
Trinidad Douglah
Douglah x Morouga
Peach Bhut
Trinity
Small red/brown tomatoes
some mixed heirlood tomato seeds
Aji Bolsa de Dolce

I may add the following soon:
Cayenne blend (red orange and purple)
Tomatoes (beefsteak and other heirloom)
Husk Cherry
sweet pepper like blushing beauty
and some middle heat but dont know what to grow... might be some habanero or fatali (open to suggestions)

Here's some beginning pics!

IMG_9444_zps10983a66.jpg

IMG_9449_zps5c410485.jpg

IMG_9450_zpsd6bbf353.jpg

IMG_9451_zps1d337667.jpg

IMG_9445_zps88fef116.jpg

IMG_9446_zps82d73340.jpg

IMG_9447_zpsfd6133a2.jpg

here,s what have sprouted so far:

7 Pot red (weird mysterious...) QTY: 2
7 Pot Yellow QTY: 3
7 Pot Primo (from the man himself!) QTY: 6
7 Pot Bubblegum QTY: 4
7 Pot Monster Infinity QTY: 3
7 Pot Chaguana #2 Orange (F2) QTY: 2
Carolina Reaper (HP22B) (Directly from ED) QTY: 13
Armageddon (Monster Naga x Douglah) QTY: 4
Naga Viper (Original bought from Gerald) QTY: 1
Naga Viper (Snake head pod seeds... trying to isolate this nice look :0) ) QTY: 1
Dorset Naga QTY: 2
Bhut Jolokia Caramel QTY: 2
Aji Lemon Drop QTY: 13
Big Mama Naga (from primo) QTY: 1
Scorpanero peach QTY: 3
Habalokia Peach QTY: 1
Choc Bhut x Yellow 7 Pot (F2) QTY: 2
Rocoto Amarillo QTY: 1
Biker Billy Jalapeno QTY: 5
T.S. Butch T (Original seeds from Butch Taylor) QTY: 2
T.S. Chocolate QTY: 1
T.S. Morouga Blend QTY: 9
Trinidad Douglah QTY: 9
Douglah x Morouga QTY: 1

Great looking pepper list! Seedlings look awesome as well. I hope they keep growing strong I am waiting for my first super hot to sprout too. I will keep up with your grow. Keep it up for a great 2013!

so far nearly everything has pop out of soil i think my 7 pot bubblegum seem to have a much lower rate of germination succes...

and like last year i still have problem with espelette peppers planted a lot but look slow on the germination phase... will wait...

Anyway have started some new stuff recently like Jay's Ghost scorp and more douglah...

will post update this week end with more pics !!!

Yup keep the pics coming! Looking good so far. That's a great list you have and seems like you've had good germ rates on the whole so good sign of things to come for 2013 season.

Thanks

Looks good. Its must be tough to get a decent harvest with such a short growing season. I even lost alot of pods here in Maryland to an early frost last year. Good luck with your grow!

Looks good. Its must be tough to get a decent harvest with such a short growing season. I even lost alot of pods here in Maryland to an early frost last year. Good luck with your grow!
Next time go outside and spray them all down with water all over. I covered one row and they all got damaged, all the ones I sprayed with water had zero issues. I figured it worked for orchard folks, why not a pepper head.

last year lost 75% of my harvest in one cold night.... i planned to harvest like 2 days later... but the frost kille the plant right away and the pods were all mushy and too soft...

but also the 2012 summer was extremenly hot and dry for our normal conditions...

the weather is all f**ked up... hope to have a nice growing season... i will probably plnt them in late may outside when frosts are gone... and will be able to grow in soil till september /early october... should be ok

You should have some good harvests before the end of September. Your seedlings are on par with my 2nd seeding. A May plantout should be bountiful with the typical Summer weather.
I had to variations in the Viper last year. The better of the two came out of the U.K.
Have fun with the rest of the indoor grow....May will be here before you know it...

tehr eis also some "temporary greenhouse" that you can do for those days... just a plastic sheet over that will keep the hear of the soil located near the plants (that's the old grandmom trick)...

Back