• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Happy 4th of July! Took some pics of the garden today - still loving the heat

I did increase the water a little bit, which they seemed to like. Hope everyone's Death-Star-Strength peppers are soaking up this awesomely hot weather. Enjoy the 4th!

FruitingGhost10.JPG.jpg

GhostRow6.JPG.jpg

GhostRow7.JPG.jpg

GhostTopView1.JPG.jpg

Nardello7.JPG.jpg

Onions3.JPG.jpg

Romanesco8.JPG.jpg

UniformGhost1.jpg

UniformGhost2.JPG.jpg

That"s a nice looking garden you've got going there. I'm wondering what you have your plants growing in. It looks like a cloth tube or something.
I'm researching ideas for a raised bed to enlarge my growing area for next season.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

I did raised bed gardening with peppers for quite some time when I wasn't growing in a greenhouse. Been working with the tubes for a few years now, fine tuning the mix inside, making nutrients that match the tubes perfectly (pH, macros, micros, air filled porosity, etc. - I come from the green roof industry). In the end, they sure are convenient since they prevent a lot of work that is somewhat unecessary, like weeding. To weed them, I just walk up and down the rows with a weedwacker and hit the string against the bottom side of the tubes.

Started off doing it in a greenhouse environment, then indoors under lights. Here's a pic of one of my indoor plants:

Pepper152.jpg

Pepper153.jpg

Already got the logo sorted out too:

Virescence_Logo_sh.jpg

And the name of the product is TerraFlex. Just finishing up the website now: www.TerraFlexSystems.com
(almost done - about 90% of the way there)

Comes with the filled tubes, enough nutrients for a full cyce of annuals and capillary fabric, all for less than the cost of rockwool slabs (slabs come with no nutrients, etc.), by the foot. It's ridiculous how well everything grows in it.

It's definitely portable if you don't allow it to grow into the ground, which I do allow outdoors. In greenhouses and indoor setups, the tubes just sit in troughs or any flat, impermeable surface, like a plastic sheet, gutter, etc. This makes large plants extremely portable. You can divvy up the tubes into small 6" sections, grow huge plants out of them, then easily transplant then outside or into huge containers if desired without harming the plant, since the entire tube is porous and allows the roots to pass through, but does not allow other plants to grow into the bag (Think of those old chinese finger traps). Tubes are made from Nylon 6 with a 15% carbon black content for high UV resistance and are woven at 18 threads per inch. They are extremely flexible yet incredibly strong.

I'll literally be pulling more than one metric ton of produce, mostly hot peppers, out of ~4,000 SF outdoors. This took me nearly an acre to achieve the "conventional" way. Folks who come over are constantly saying "I can't believe it works that well". The key to its success is just well-thought out nutrient loading and plain ol' simplicity. Even my friends who can't grow anything to save their lives are doing well this year.

Still getting more pictures uploaded to the site and it should be done by the end of this upcoming weekend.

That"s a nice looking garden you've got going there. I'm wondering what you have your plants growing in. It looks like a cloth tube or something.
I'm researching ideas for a raised bed to enlarge my growing area for next season.

Good luck with the rest of the season.

Wow, you have a beautiful garden!!!! I like those tube things you grow in, too.... I was wondering about that too, but I thought it was just the border or something, not the *actual* growing area. lol... Neat! :)

Back