Hard Lemonade..

One of my favorite summertime drinks is Mikes Hard Lemonade. I drink it quite a bit. So now I found a recipe for it and I figure I will be be trying it shortly and I saw the "Hard Cider" thread so I figure you guys might like this as well. I found this on a home brewing site:

5 lbs Table or Corn Sugar
1 lb Dry Malt Extract (to make it a malt beverage like Mike does)
6 12 oz Cans Lemonade frozen concentrate (make sure there's no preservatives)

any Ale yeast
-or-
English Cider Yeast (WLP775)

heat the sugar and malt in 2-1/2 gallons of water to 170 for 15 minutes. Cool and add the frozen concentrate and 3 gallons of water. Pitch yeast. I've never used yeast nutrient, but this recipe could probably stand to have some added for faster fermentation. It takes about two weeks or so to finish fermenting, then straight to bottles. I use soda bottles since that's what the pint bottles are with Mike's Hard Lemonade.

texas blues said:
tsk. tsk. tsk. lemonade and a splash of beer?
That's a great drink ........if your name is......LIBERACE!!

Cheers, TB.

BWAHAHAHAHAH! Gold bathtubs! BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHH!

WoW. Now that looks like one bad hangover! I can usually only slam 2 mike's hard while golfing, then the stomach starts gettin angry. I do, however, make a raspberry flavored wheat beer (Zombie Berry) that tends to get decent reviews.

I like Mikes hard lemonade too but its kinda hard to find over here, thanks for the recipe Dyce.

FrOtran can you enlighten us as to the recipe for you Zombie Berry?

Novacastrian said:
It involves collecting radiation from the planet Venus, innoculate the grains with it, brew the beer and feed it brians to jump start fermentation. :lol:

Cool next time FrOtran is headed to venus to collect some radiation can you ask him to grab me some? I ran out the last time i made Zombie Pie.

Novacastrian said:

Sure thing. Can't remember it off the top of my head, but when I get home tonight I'll stick it up on here. Igg, give a quick review of Zombie Berry's taste.

Fr0tran said:
Igg, give a quick review of Zombie Berry's taste.
Wheat beer tastiness with a little bit of berry goodness mixed in. Not overpowering at all (unlike most Fruit beers) but very drinkable. People that don't like fruit beers tend to like this one.

well said. i've had alotta people drink it and say "ya know, i'm not a fruity beer kinda guy, but this isn't all that fruity, just a taste in there". the grain bill is basically split between barley and wheat malt, so i thnk most of the chunk and sweetness comes from that.

Dyce51 said:
I wonder how that would come out.?.?.?.?.?.

sort of a lemon schnapts??????? maybe.......

hey dyce, gotta recipe for twisted tea? this girl i'm seeing really like that stuff, and i figure i'd make her a case or something for her b day (december) ha...if we make it that far!

Back