• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hard Rock Cafe Ottawa

I went there tonight with a bunch of guys for a batchlor party.I ordered the wings with the hottest sauce they had..Well it was a setup for dissapointment..No heat at all..As bad as Local heros..another dissapointment...either way the wings were fat but the sauce sucked bad

taste was good but no heat at all..so much for hot wings A resturant says they have suacide lol the waitress warned me about the wings...Im thinking now why warn me my daughtor could have eaten them...

Well I dunno, maybe you're daughter can take some real heat... :lol:
Usually for me when I go out and order something "hot", it's clear all I'm ordering is something mild. that's why I make most of the food myself.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
Even a big time chilie head would at least detect a tang if it was hot.Not even that..It was a sad experience
Let me tell you something. not too long ago I made a small dish for some friends and added some chiles for flavor. even though there wasn't any serious heat according to most of them (I didn't feel any heat at all, not even a hint), one actually cried. :shocked:
So... it's VERY MUCH relative.
It does sound sad, though. their hottest isn't that hot. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a new customer for DefCon

Its sad how most restaurants make their wings the same, with butter diluting an already bland Loisiana type sauce or Franks'

That'll teach you to go to the Hard Rock anywhere but Vegas. What do they have here in Ottawa? A guitar Jimi once looked at. For a second. Because a hot hippie chick was standing next to it.

Their food is crap. Their service is crap. They are just another money rich chain who can afford to have a tourist trap location in the Byward Market.

But I LOVE Ottawa, been here 17 years. Check out Ahora on Dalhousie for good fresh Mexican, unique setup, and some in house made sauces that are good, but nothing really hot.

Very reasonable also.

I seen a few shows at the Hard Rock, and its a great place to see smaller bands but the food isn't the best. Lots of stuff to stare at when you're wasted too.

POTAWIE said:
I seen a few shows at the Hard Rock, and its a great place to see smaller bands but the food isn't the best. Lots of stuff to stare at when you're wasted too.

Are you telling us you ACTUALLY have time to get out of the garden and rejoin civilization occasionally?

i don't ussually go out for spicy food, just cuz i know it won't be all that spicy (especially in ottawa, the yuppiest place on earth... good pho, tho...). there are a couple thai places that i know of where you can convince them you want it *really* spicy and they'll actually deliver, but if i'm going out specifically for wings i just get honey garlic cuz i don't wanna bother with tasteless mild sauce thats supposed to be hot or i'll bring some of my own chili powder.
i avoid everything in the byward markey like it's the plague. except i'll venture in occasionally for that store with all the candy...

Wasnt my choice in going there that was just the plan..I have to say the wings are massive but what made me laugh was the waitress warned me about the hotwings said didnt know if I should take them....Well like I said another dissapiontment but the time itsself was fun

Back