• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hardening off...for a second time!

I don't want to hijack the thread, just a related question :)

Managed to get some of my plants sunburned. Do you suggest removing the burned leaves or wait for the plant to do it's thing?

Helping to cut of the leaves wont boost the growth of new leaves?

Anyways I already got new healthy growth on them, just the ugly whiteish leaves at the bottom.

I don't want to hijack the thread, just a related question :)

Managed to get some of my plants sunburned. Do you suggest removing the burned leaves or wait for the plant to do it's thing?

Helping to cut of the leaves wont boost the growth of new leaves?

Anyways I already got new healthy growth on them, just the ugly whiteish leaves at the bottom.

I just leave them on, if they aren't producing any food for the plant they will fall off on their own.

or you can just put them out, let them get sunburned, then the new growth that comes out will be bushier than before...the plant WILL totally recover...I know it is hard to put them outside and just leave them, especially when they are so pretty, but sometimes when I don't have time to futz with them, I put them out and just leave them alone...
I'll also sneak in, should I just put them under direct sunlight or in the shade first for a few days?
Just to add the sun is starting to get intense here in israel at the moment temperature can range at day from 24-32

If you have the option you might as well start them off in the shade to reduce any shock and keep the leaves from getting burned. If you have a nice shade tree it's really easy to do. Just put them under the tree completely shaded for a couple days, then move them towards the sun a little each day, increasing the angle and duration of sunlight until they're ready for noon sun.

Thanks I figured it will be the best way, got 1 of my small plants out in the shade for the past couple of days, tommorow I'll start moving it towards a less shady area. I thought I might as well try it with one instead of killing all of them.

Back