• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hardening off question again

If my lil plants are getting 6-8 hours of sun in the window sill do they need the same hardening off process as those under lights when the time comes to go outside?

Thanks in advance

What Comp said. Some people put their plants outside and put a net over their plants to shade them from the direct suns UV rays. By doing this the plants also get used to being outside. Of course using this method to harden plants off the temps have to be warm enough or can leave them out just for the afternoon.

Any way its warming up here and I'm gonna be taking my plants out soon. i have 3 huge pine trees and was gonna toss them under them. They won't get direct sun where I'm putting them. The problem is that i have 2 jobs and no time to jack around and move them back and fourth. Will that get the job done in a week or so? I can rescue them if it gets too cold at night but didn't know if they will get enough light to harden up

i too had this question as it seems like a nice cross wind and full sun in my bay window would be enough. Better safe than sorry tho.

You can leave them in the sun but make sure you cover them up with netting or something similar. The netting will shield the plants from most of the suns UV rays.

You can leave them in the sun but make sure you cover them up with netting or something similar. The netting will shield the plants from most of the suns UV rays.

Where's the best place to find some? Also i kind of figured that's what the pine trees would do. Idk I've just go so much into all this and don't want to screw it up now. Then what about the plants i have under my hid? Will they stand a better chance than the ones under t8s

Where's the best place to find some? Also i kind of figured that's what the pine trees would do. Idk I've just go so much into all this and don't want to screw it up now. Then what about lights under hid? Will they stand a better chance?

Your nearest hardware store, maybe Walmart might carry them?
Make sure they are small mesh nets and not a black color.The sooner you can get them outside to harden them off the better. Just make sure the temps arent to cold if you are wanting to leave them out over night.check up on the plants at least once a day.I will post a video of my buddy with his net and hardening his plants off, to give you a better idea.

Wow, how much sun you get in Peoria Illinois? I won't be thinking about shade for another month or so.

Its not crazy hot yet but the days are getting longer and the whole next weekthe Lotte its going to be in the mid 40s with mid 60 highs. I'm running out of space fast and have lots of yard to put them in. Think that's too cold still? Wasn't going to plant them yet just wanting to get them ready.

Its not crazy hot yet but the days are getting longer and the whole next weekthe Lotte its going to be in the mid 40s with mid 60 highs. I'm running out of space fast and have lots of yard to put them in. Think that's too cold still? Wasn't going to plant them yet just wanting to get them ready.

What I think can always make a fool of me, but I think get them used to it, maybe a half day at a time for a few days and they will be all right but they ain't going to do a whole lot of growing until it warms up.

Mid 40's for a low is fine to leave them out. When your plants are large enough, you will want to stake them down

I usually do. I've had plants be uprooted before and don't feel like losing these.

What I think can always make a fool of me, but I think get them used to it, maybe a half day at a time for a few days and they will be all right but they ain't going to do a whole lot of growing until it warms up.

I hear you there. Like i said tho i can't really bring them in and out for half days. I have 2 jobs at the moment and leave one job to go to the other. Really sucks but I'm only doing it for extra cash for the moment. Also there growing great inside. Haha!!! Might have pods sooner than ya think tho. Here's a couple quick shots i just took of one of my bhut Indian carbons

CAM00324_zpsf970c589.jpg

Trying to get you a size comparison
CAM00326_zps276dac21.jpg

A couple little buds here. Been picking them off some of the plants and leaving others on some
CAM00327_zpsf94e8ff6.jpg

I've got a little experiment going now I guess you could say. Took a plant straight from the aerogarden to the pot outside. So far so good!
what kind of light and how many ways was it under? Been wondering if hids would partially harden them off cause its so much brighter than flouros.

If you cut the plants back that are that size and have Y'ed ( or made a Y) they will come back and explode with crazy growth. You mightwant to at least try it on one of your plants and compare the results.

Heres a few videos for you to watch, skip to 7 min mark
Heres the 2nd video, skip tp the 2:25min mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waffaYvtN1g&list=UUik0FEmz-NmFbClLsFmlB7g&index=4

what kind of light and how many ways was it under? Been wondering if hids would partially harden them off cause its so much brighter than flouros.

I'm not sure what kind of light the areogarden has. It looks like a CFL??? It was just a the 2 standard bulbs that come in a aerogarden. They make it pretty tough to find any other info about the bulb.

You should have added this to the hardening question thread not but 5 threads down. We do not need the same questions asked multiple times in different threads. Locked till I can merge.

Back