• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding has anyone ever crossed these

I suppose you'd just get a red or orange hab shape with a heat somewhere between the two?

But of course, you can only guess! Only one way to find out for sure, go cross!

Sounds like a very boring cross to me. You'll likely just get red and/or orange hab types, probably not much different than the parents although some recessive genes may be displayed in the f2s and beyond

Would it be possible to cross a Bell Pepper and a super hot variety, and get a giant hot pepper with mid range heat or hotter?

There is a Bonnet Bell cross already out there.
Last year some of mine came out as large red hot peppers shaped like the long thinner type bells.
One put out scotch Bonnet type pods that were orange.
Didn't take pics.

I cross few years back Scotch bonnet with C.Annuum they have good taste also very good for making powder.Some of those seeds I spread with friends , the first one I give to my good friend Jukka Kilpinen.

BonnetBellhotP1000233.jpg

The seeds I had were from Vladan's seeds.
Funny,mine were red.
They were about Poblano hot or slightly hotter, with a bell type taste.
Pods were about 4inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide.
Flat bottom,3-4 lobes.

The seeds I had were from Vladan's seeds.
Funny,mine were red.
They were about Poblano hot or slightly hotter, with a bell type taste.
Pods were about 4inches long and 2 1/2 inches wide.
Flat bottom,3-4 lobes.

smokemaster I will send you again original F-1 seeds from Bonnet bell hot ,might be mix by mistake.Refresh my memory by sending me your full name & address by email I will take care you. :)

The Scotch Bonnet x Bell pepper is a clever combination. I like it.
Crossing an orange hab with Caribbean Reds? I've done that, or at least nature has in my garden. all I got were red habs, as apparently the red coloration is more dominant than orange. messed up with my orange hab harvest. :(

Back