• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Has anyone tried

i saw the other day that texas pete has a new "hotter" sauce and wonder if anyone has tried it and compared it to the original
also i saw a garlic flavor.

i got both bottles at home but im not as good as reviewing as yall are.

;):fire::fire:I have seen the hotter one but have not seen the garlic.I personaly think that franks has a good base so if they have choosen to make it hotter it would taste just as good.Again its a good sauce just not my favorite:hell:

im not much on reviewing sauces but last night i opened my hotter texas pete and regualar texas pete and tried them both. to me the "hotter' was just a hair hotter than regular.
i would put regular on the heat scale about a 3 and the hotter about a 4.
it would be intresting to me to see how my tasetbuds are compared to the pros like yall are.

many moons ago i posted that as it pertains to hot sauce im a super wimp...franks...texas pete...once in a blue moon ill go out on a limb but not like yall.....so no deathmatch in my future defcon.....lol
i did put some of the extract i bought from you on my toung at a cook off............not fun......lol

bubbaschili said:
many moons ago i posted that as it pertains to hot sauce im a super wimp...franks...texas pete...once in a blue moon ill go out on a limb but not like yall.....so no deathmatch in my future defcon.....lol
i did put some of the extract i bought from you on my toung at a cook off............not fun......lol

Aww c'mon that is loads of fun. The deathmatch isn't as bad as people say. Once you get past the profuse sweating, burning tongue, screaming throat, stomache cramps, and burning...um...well you know. Other than that it is awesome! Can't wait to do it again Creator!

Oh, I forgot what I started to write in the first place, texas pete is a very good base for wings but has negligable heat. The hotter is a tiny bit hotter but I would recommend adding something much hotter with some more flavor if you want to make a difference. Or just by some Defcon 1 and save yourself the trouble.

JayT said:
Aww c'mon that is loads of fun. The deathmatch isn't as bad as people say. Once you get past the profuse sweating, burning tongue, screaming throat, stomache cramps, and burning...um...well you know. Other than that it is awesome! Can't wait to do it again Creator!

Awwww, you're making me blush, lol.

I think the next one will be in Maryland, check the website under upcoming events.

bubbaschili said:
i agree about the wing base...over the counter sauce that i like for wings is franks.
As opposed to prescription sauce :lol:

Back