• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Have you ever seen leaves like these on a pepper?

Hi

According to the source this should be a pepperdew type pepper, I planted a few from the same packet, germination was slower than my super hots.

The middle bottom one is from the same seeds, and the other 4 is a ghost, 7 pot and two rocoto's

Of the ones that germinated the other looks quite normal, just this ugly duckling that got me puzzled, I just hope I can get it to fruit otherwise I will never know what it is.

Any thoughts?

Sounds interesting. I will try to clone some cuttings. What are the chances of the mutation being carried in seeds grown from peppers in the affected branch?

I don't know about other countries, but here in the US it's extremely unlikely...in fact nearly impossible...that you're going to be spreading TMV to any plants from cigarette, cigar, or smokeless tobacco.  Tobacco falls into the realm of food and drug safety and can't be sold by manufacturers without being flue cured first.  If you grow your own tobacco there's a higher risk but you'd notice the TMV on the tobacco itself.

I think if it hasn't cropped up on any other plants it's likely a mutation or defect, kind of like albino seedlings are.  I'd cull it personally.  Taking it in to get tested by a government agency or university for a virus can cause you a lot more problems than you think.

Back