• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Have you grown the Jalastar?

Looks like the ultimate Popper, 2 bites maybe.
Has anyone grown this Jalapeño?

Never heard of it, but I'd give it a try. Looks kinda like a bell pepper/jalapeño cross.

I will say, whoever wrote that description should be given a Creative Writing Award, lol.

Never grew it, but the original variety registration was done by BASF A.S. Nunhem.
So it's no ordinary backyard cross, some serious scientific breeding made this variety.
Don't know how it has developed since the original F1 seeds distributed by the above company ofcourse.
They look yummie though!

I always like the variety descriptions made by Jukka! I bet he could sell a Ethiopian brown turd as a delicacy and depending on the dinner the Ethiopian donor had last night he probably will be able to fit it in a SHU scale as well! 😁

Looks to be a pepper found in very few seed shops.
And I don't see any of them stating that they're selling Hybrid F1 seeds, so are the seeds being sold actual "jalastar" F1 seeds they bought wholesale (and are reselling) or did they grow out F1 hybrids and they're now are selling F2's etc. - which could be significantly different? If Nunhems controls the parental lines, which would be expected, only their F1 seeds would produce the expected plant/pepper.

Back