• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Haven't even started my seeds yet

I am way behind for the Super Hots since it is almost April.
If I plant seeds tomorrow in the propagator it will be August until I see ripe fruit. :doh:

I made the decision to hold off on starting any new seeds until I move into my parental's house. Reason being, it's a lot easier to transport seeds than plants ;) I do have a couple of those Butch T's in a can from ThinkGeek that I'm experimenting with right now, and I already got two seeds to pop :)

I live in Zone 5b, not sure which one San Francisco is.

I do my initial planting over the NYE holiday; however, I permit myself to keep planting up through the end of March... which means... this is my final weekend to sow whatever it is I want that I haven't got to pop yet! :surprised:

i think you are good to go, if you lived in zone3 like me and summer starts july 1 and ends sept 1, then you would be in real ca'ca, but you get your stuff growing now and get it out doors and you will be good to go(or grow).

good luck champ.

I had some bad germ rates. I am just going to keep planting until i get it right. I am going to keep some of my best plants inside during the winter. So.. even if you have late fruit. You can keep your best ones inside.

Define "fairly cold".... If it got consistently below 30F for a period, they're probably gonners. But they might also just be dormant, otherwise. If you kept them watered, there's at least a remote chance they might come back as it warms up.

Geeme, the coldest nights here were about 34-35 degrees with the average probably around 38.
I didn't water them much all winter and the stems are brownish so I think they are gone. I could be wrong though.

Back