• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Having trouble identifying a chile

Hi,

I have a chile that I can't identify. Anyone care to take a guess:

The mature red fruit are 3/4 inch long and 1/2 inch wide at the base with a rounded cone shape. This shape is kind of unusual. Before ripening to red they are more orange.

Flesh is thin, fairly hot, very good taste.

Plants grow tall - 5-6 foot and the fruit grow upward but they are not a typical bird pepper shape but more conical.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

thanks!

I know of a pic that looks like it on another website. How do I copy and paste from one website into this reply? ctrl-V doesn't do anything here.

And....those are a cross.

With all due respect: If they are good, eat them. There are millions of different pepper varieties, unless you plan to sell them, a definite name is not important.

cheezydemon said:
And....those are a cross.

With all due respect: If they are good, eat them. There are millions of different pepper varieties, unless you plan to sell them, a definite name is not important.

Well, the ones in the link I posted are a cross for sure, but the chile I'm trying to ID is not that chile. The one in the pic hangs down whereas mine points up.

We'll see next year if it's a cross when I grow more from the seeds.

As far as whether it's important - I know some poeple don't really care about that but for me I'm always interested what chiles are that I grow.

Back