• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Health plants, lots of blossoms, no fruit.... ?

Hi,

I'm new here.....
some advice please
90% of my chilies/Peppers are doing great this year...

but i have plants that are doing some weird stuff i cant figure out,..

its my Farmers Market Jalapeno's
very Health looking plants, lots of blossoms, but no fruit..
after about 2 weeks the blossoms stems turn yellow and fall off with the flower still on it..

it still has heaps more flowers developing ..
but no fruit develops ....

PH is ok. 6.5 - 6.0

is there a nutrient the  Jalapeno's need that I'm not aware of..?

any tips or advice welcome,,

cheers

BB

BB

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F or too high >85F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety.

I'm over in South Australia and am having the exact same issues, I've put it down to the severe excessive Temp fluctuations we've had this season , I reckon you'd be the same in Vic as you usually end up with our weather . Now that there has been a bit of Temp stability over the past few weeks I'm finally noticing some fruit set . DANG ,...next week's Temps are back into 40s again . Good luck.

Hotrod64 said:
I'm over in South Australia and am having the exact same issues, I've put it down to the severe excessive Temp fluctuations we've had this season , I reckon you'd be the same in Vic as you usually end up with our weather . Now that there has been a bit of Temp stability over the past few weeks I'm finally noticing some fruit set . DANG ,...next week's Temps are back into 40s again . Good luck.
I think ya right ...

Its been crazy here ..
Heat cold wind rain then mud rain....!

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Hey spicy people.... 

a UP-DATE......................... i think Hotrod64 was on the money...

things have turned around, not changed any of my regular routine.... but the local bee's seem to in the garden more.. i'm sure thats helping too.
it appears that the rapid change in weather really screwed with them all, (Heat, cold, wind, rain then mud rain....!)

since the weather dropped back fro the 40c+ days, I've got fruit popping all over the shop.!

Hotrod64 said:

Brewster said:
Hey spicy people.... 

a UP-DATE......................... i think Hotrod64 was on the money...

things have turned around, not changed any of my regular routine.... but the local bee's seem to in the garden more.. i'm sure thats helping too.
it appears that the rapid change in weather really screwed with them all, (Heat, cold, wind, rain then mud rain....!)

since the weather dropped back fro the 40c+ days, I've got fruit popping all over the shop.!

Glad things better! So basically weather stabilized & plants happy?

Back