• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Healthy SRP plant and peppers going soft?

Hi all we had 3 days of 90 degree weather here last week. I pulled the potted plants to a shady spot while they were chilling I gave them a dose of organicide for the white fly problems and now Im. Or if a few plants that had firm peppers are going soft and shriveled anyone have an idea of why ?

Attachments

• 77858BDA-CF66-43C9-9D84-07D01838047C.jpeg
    77858BDA-CF66-43C9-9D84-07D01838047C.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 6FCACFFB-E3B7-4571-BF50-77076535A5C6.jpeg
    6FCACFFB-E3B7-4571-BF50-77076535A5C6.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 75
Been having a similar problem with my aji amarillo where both the new and established pods are shriveling up and becoming soft before they've finished ripening. The stem on each one is also shriveling as though the plant isn't transferring any water to it anymore.

There seems to be some kind of transpiration issue with the plant as a whole, though, as the leaves on several parts of the plant are curling upwards even well into the afternoon after it's cooled down.

Must be sounding like a broken record, but it is what it is....

Looks to me like could be a few things, but its all pests problems that are deforming your fruit and causing foliage problems. If its broad mites its the very start or possibly past light damage from now gone mites from your organicide spray.  Same for possible aphids, or white fly nymphs left over from your white fly problem.

Some pest(s) has injected toxins to thin the life juices of your plant, to make it easier to suck them out. Thats why nice, perfect looking, smooth straight pods,, once infested with many types of soft bodied sucking insects, make fruit, pods, buds, foliage, maybe whole plant,, turn funky, soft, bent, wrinkled, deformed, plant shut down. Its the curse of many soft bodied sucking insects... Make no mistake, broad mites are the worst, their toxic saliva is like cobra venom to our plants...

Imo/experience here in sFL, once white fly causes any white color type web or residue on your leafs, a good scope inspection shows eggs and nymphs,, and hitchhikers on there legs. I've actually seen white fly legs so infested with aphids and mites they looked fuzzy like they have on wool socks... Had to re focus my scope carefully to see hundreds of hitchhikers...

Not familiar with organicide, is it a miticide ..?  Maybe shoot all your plants at the same time with a good dose of drenching dripping neem, clarified or cold pressed, just to make sure all pests are eliminated and then spay again weekly at least for a while...

jmo

Back