food Heartbreakingdawn's Storyville Cajun Blend

Johnny and Nicole of Heartbreakingdawns were kind enough to send me a sample of their Cajun spice blend. I decided to try it with dinner tonight.

100_0325-1.jpg

Ingredients:

Black Pepper, Onion, Cayenne, Marjoram, Thyme, White Pepper, Garlic Powder, Salt, Paprika

I tasted it on the tip of my finger and it has a classic Cajun taste. Just a little heat, but not too much as this is the mild version. The texture of it is wonderful. Fine enough that it sticks to the food well, but coarse enough that you can see the individual ingredients.

I decided to use it on some stuffed Italian chicken breasts and some kielbasa that I cooked on the grill.

Here's some pics:

100_0323-1.jpg

100_0324-1.jpg

100_0326-1.jpg

100_0328.jpg

While this is an "unofficial" review, I would like to say that you have a very good product here and I can't wait to try it on wings. Thanks for sending it. I would rate the taste a 9 the heat a 2-3 and overall an 8-9. But, since there is no official review section yet, you have to take these numbers as hypothetical :lol:

BTW, I the chicken was marinated in Italian dressing and stuffed with tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella.

mmm yum I love broccoli. Waiting for a invite for dinner over by you Jay.. we'll bring condiments....

Back