• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

sun Heat, water and sun... do Habs, Scotch Bonnet, and Black Nagas respond similarily?

As some may know... I mixed up the seeds a bit when I was planting mine... partly because I figured what the hell I could tell when they fruit.... but I started most of mine at the same time... the Habs and Scotch bonnet are a b@astard mix of supermarket seeds.. dried and tossed into the same baggie.... I tossed a bunch in when trying to see if anything would sprout... but after about 3 weeks nothing was happening so I put some store bought Black Naga seeds in the container...then...in the following few weeks I have to say damnear 90% of them did sprout...

After some were growing well I re-poted several of them but damn... I had a bunch more seedlings... I killed a bunch when I sprayed some bug spray on the plants... it set the big ones back a bit and killed the massive clump of seeds I had.... no big deal I had waaay more than I needed..

Anyway a couple months later most of my smaller ones seem to look similar... a couple bigger ones... but the there are 2 bushier ones with massive leaves compared to the rest... and they seem wayyyy more sensitive to heat and sun than the rest...

So.. all that said now that they are growing well and I still see a couple bigger leaf ones wilting massively in very hot temps when the others seem untouched..... has anyone noticed more of a sensitivity to heat for Naga peppers VS run of the mill Scotch Bonnet and Habaneros?? Could it be the larger (but not hugely different) leafed plants just are more sensitive to heat regardless of the variety?

Bigger leaves do draw in more heat and collect more sun.

Not sure what others will say, but I would try removing some of the big big leaves and see how they react to the sun and heat after.

Back