event Heat Wave Hot Sauce Expo

From the people who bring awesome events to town like London Comic Con, Shock Stock and Rock’ n’ Con comes the Heatwave Hot Sauce Expo! Heatwave makes it debut Saturday, March 2 at Centennial Hall, London Ontario!
Enjoy sampling hot sauces and spicy foods from over 40 international acclaimed and independent producers of fine food. Some of the vendors include Slim's Pepper Co, Pepper North, Hurt Berry Farms, and Dawson’s Hot Sauce!
Tickets to the Expo start at just $7.00!
And if you love to eat the heat and feel no pain then register for the Heatwave Hot Wing Eating Contest. Preliminary competitions taking place at London Brewing Co-Op on January 26th or February 9th.
Full details on www.HeatwaveExpo.com

Pretty sure I am going to this.

I like the full taste sample aspect, vendors have to sample all sauces they are selling, although realistically why would they not.

The wing sampling idea is new to me.

For an additional cost to admission, you get plain wings that you can take to vendors and sample their sauces on.

HSDAY promo code gets you 2$ off tix as well.

I see Pepper North is a vendor Sponsor too.

Ashen said:
From what I can see, we let just about anyone in. If you haven't defaced a maple tree or molested a beaver you are probably ok. :)
Idk you guys said my buddy's car smelled like weed, ended up testing ashes out of his ash tray, now he is labeled as an international drug smuggler, for like .003 grams or something. Literally ashes from one of those cup holder ashtrays. He said he hadn't smoked for at least an hour. And all he wanted to do was fish the other side of the lake

Walchit said:
Idk you guys said my buddy's car smelled like weed, ended up testing ashes out of his ash tray, now he is labeled as an international drug smuggler, for like .003 grams or something. Literally ashes from one of those cup holder ashtrays. He said he hadn't smoked for at least an hour. And all he wanted to do was fish the other side of the lake
Not a problem any more as Marijuana is now 100% legal right across Canada.

I am hoping all the vendors had a great day. Judging by how packed the place was I think they will need a bigger venue next year.

_20190302_231040.JPG

_20190302_231142.JPG

It was good to swing by pepper North and meet the faces behind the killer sauces in my fridge.
The entire venue was licensed so an additional clandestine cheers was in order since they were so busy

_20190302_231254.JPG

My mini haul from the show. So many great products but I was focusing on what I had never seen before or that really wowed me.

The friend we brought with us really liked the solar flare. He had tried blueberry plague at my house and liked the flavour but it is way outside his heat tolerance.
A few ppl got stung by plague at my wife's birthday party actually . I put out an assortment of sauces on the build your own taco bar, but got sidetracked before warning ppl to be careful with muerte and plague.

For some reason muerte creates its own caution but blueberry suckers them in.

Heatwave was so much fun!  I got to meet so many great Canadian sauce makers, tried some great hot sauce, the competitions were very intense to watch and I set a Guinness World Record for Most Ghost Peppers in One Minute!  I really had the time of my life.  The place was packed and everyone was happy - vendors and patrons.  I'm already excited for next year.  It's just going to get bigger and better.

This really was a huge event for the Canadian hot sauce community!  It really made the community stronger.  We've never had anything like this before, and Heatwave's success proves that it's something that people really want.  I talked to people who traveled from Calgary and Montreal just to experience the expo.  I'm truly blown away.  Every goal the organizers had was exceeded, the vendors seemed to sell more than expected, and fun times were had by all!

Back