• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review HeatAddicts Review of Knepper's Peppers HABermelon

ThrowHeat

eXtreme

HEAT RATING: 8
FLAVOR RATING BY ITSELF: 8
AROMA BY ITSELF: 7
FLAVOR ON FOOD: 8.5
AROMA ON FOOD: 8

One of my favs - Love everything from this place, but the Piney Extreme and the Habermelon are just excellent fruit-heat sauces.

I *especially* love the Habermelon in marinades for chicken or tri-tip. I used about 1/3 the bottle in a tri-tip marinade with white wine, garlic, white onion, coleman's dry mustard, black pepper and fresh basil and it came out tasting vaguely Thai. The heat was phenominal as the marinade just kissed the outter 1/8" of the meat and seared into a terrific & flavorful edge while retaining a nice beef flavor.

Excellent sauce. I'll check the review later when I'm home.
:cheers:

The HABermelon was downright awesome on the wings we made. It worked perfectly as a wing sauce too. It didn't drip at all. It just stuck to the wings like glue, which meant less mess than a standard wing sauce. The flavor was so much more pronounced when cooked too.

My only complaint was that the watermelon aroma and flavor seemed to be overpowered by the carrot and habanero. It still tasted and smelled wonderful, especially on our food. But if I had done a blind review of this sauce, I would not have been able to guess that it had watermelon in it. Regardless, my wife and I both loved it and plan on ordering more just as soon as we chew through the Piney Hab, Tongue Wrapper and Apple Talli we have in the review queue.

Good review. The strength of the watermelon flavor is mild since I did not care to go with artificial flavor. I did the math and each bottle has 5.45oz. of raw watermelon(no rind) in it's creation. :D

yeah - it's a very subtle juice. The flavor of watermelon is more in the olfactory experience. in that regard I think your sauce smells wonderfully of watermelon - it's just hard to bottle that as a taste. I for one applaud you not going artificial with it. :cheers:

Good review. The strength of the watermelon flavor is mild since I did not care to go with artificial flavor. I did the math and each bottle has 5.45oz. of raw watermelon(no rind) in it's creation. :D

That's a whole lot of watermelon. And even with the flavor of the watermelon being so mild, it doesn't take away from the sauce all that much. It still tastes damn good, and we will be ordering plenty more bottles of it in the future. Hell, I'd be content just using them on wings from now until eternity.

yeah - it's a very subtle juice. The flavor of watermelon is more in the olfactory experience. in that regard I think your sauce smells wonderfully of watermelon - it's just hard to bottle that as a taste. I for one applaud you not going artificial with it. :cheers:

I completely agree with you. Artificial flavors belong in candy, not hot sauce.

Another awesome review John, I need to add this one to my rotation, sounds like an awesome sauce. I don't think you can go wrong with Brian's sauces.

I have liked every single one thus far. That's for sure. As long as Brian keeps making sauces, we will be ordering them from him. Can't wait to try the Piney Hab next.

On a side note John, the next really hot sauce you try, let's see a one minute throw after tasting ;).

That can be arranged. Good idea, actually. Hell, I might even try to do that the first time I eat a whole pod. :dance:

Back