Hello All

Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm here to learn about making my own hot sauce so that one day (hopefully soon) I can make something tasty and perhaps even one day be able to sell some of my own sauces.  I have a lot to learn but I figured I would join up and dive in.

I am interested in making the hottest sauce I possibly can!  We'll see how that goes.

Cheers.

JJJessee said:
:welcome: Shpongled. Good Luck on the sauces. I'd be thinking Carolina Reaper.
This is EXACTLY what I'm thinking!  I haven't found as much info online about these peppers as some others though, so I am hunting around here for more info.  I found a site with powder, but they are sold out of the actual peppers for now, and at the moment I'm in an apartment so growing seems a little hard to do.  I think I'm going to gather some info and give the powder a whirl and see where it takes me!

Thanks for the welcome!

Shpongled said:
This is EXACTLY what I'm thinking!  I haven't found as much info online about these peppers as some others though, so I am hunting around here for more info.  I found a site with powder, but they are sold out of the actual peppers for now, and at the moment I'm in an apartment so growing seems a little hard to do.  I think I'm going to gather some info and give the powder a whirl and see where it takes me!

Thanks for the welcome!
Wouldn't hurt to experiment with some powders to see what flavors blend well with it. Spicy Chicken here I think grows a lot of Reapers. He can probably hook you up. I think Elcapp is growing and may have the earliest pods  as he is growing in SO FL.

JJJessee said:
Wouldn't hurt to experiment with some powders to see what flavors blend well with it. Spicy Chicken here I think grows a lot of Reapers. He can probably hook you up. I think Elcapp is growing and may have the earliest pods  as he is growing in SO FL.
Awesome, this is great info - thank you!

:welcome: Experimenting is so much fun! This forum is packed with a wealth of knowledge, but at the end of the day just go with a mix of flavours you would like to see in your sauce and take it from there...and even more importantly...HAVE FUN :dance:

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Thanks everybody!  I am learning a lot here already and I am working on developing a recipe.  Hopefully it works well!  Soon I will be ordering the necessary supplies and then maybe one day soon I will have pics!

Penny said:
Hi there and Welcome.
Thank you!

OCD Chilehead said:
Welcome and good luck in the kitchen. I like to experiment with the base sauce. If it's good then I add heat.
Thank you, that's a great idea!

So I know there is a lot of procedure to keep things sanitized and safe to eat – but can I taste my sauce as I go?  Or do I have to make it and then hope it tastes good when it's all prepared?  If I can taste as I go, I don't see any reason I can't figure out a killer recipe with some experimentation!

Back