Hello all!

Hello all, I love to grow peppers, all types. I hope to get in with a good group who like to seed swap. As this year I will be doing a lot of seed saving. I like the idea of seed saving and trading vrs constantly buy new seeds.. anyways hello to all.

Hi Joshua, welcome! Out of curiosity, which peppers are you hyped about this season, that you will be saving seed from?
I have to say my Rocotos I have had such a struggle with them to get to germanate and I finally have.. I also have a reaper x scotch cross (XVILL) that I purchased seeds a while ago and they are good producers I have been saving them for a few years now and grow them yearly. Right now I'm trying to get my hands on Rocoto Arequipa Giants. I'm finding that I'm leaning toward the Black seeds more and more.. as I enjoy the challenge they are to grow.

Those damn Rocotos :lol:
I had success germinating Rocoto soaking the seeds in a lemon juice/water mix

Those damn Rocotos :lol:
I had success germinating Rocoto soaking the seeds in a lemon juice/water mix
so far I have found that if I do an H2O2 dip, then a 24-hour soak in black tea, then 24 hrs in H2O. I can get them up and going ... but yea they are a struggle, to say the least... I will have to try the lemon water soak and see how that does.

:welcome:

OMG I never new this, how do I find info about this?
https://thehotpepper.com/forums/classifieds.18/

1678918433043.png

:welcome:
from the Pacific NorthWest!
Also in Beaverton.

Back