Hello everyone, I desperately need help growing peppers

Hi guys I planted some Carolina reapers and Trinidad moruga scorpion at the beginning of February in ProMix potting soil inside the house, it took them 2-4 weeks to sprout and it's been almost 4 months and now that the temperature is in the 20s during the day I leave them outside (it drops to as low as 13 over night) but they are still really small, recently I have been giving them some Miracle Grow liquid fertilizers( 12-4-8) about once every 2 weeks but didn't notice any difference. Am I doing something wrong or are they a super slow grower? Much thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 100
I assume your talkin degrees in Celsius right? Did you harden them off to the outdoors properly? It's hard to tell in the picture when I zoom in but the ones in larger pots lool like they might be sunburned. But yes, those varieties are slow growers

Hi Edmick starting about a month ago when it's between 18-23 I would take them outside for 8 hours or so and bring them back into the house over night when it would drop to 4-8 Celsius and before that I would leave them in front of a huge window where they could get around 5 hours of sunlight if there were any sun since it's still quite grim where I live  from march to april. The ones in the larger pots started to have dark brown spots on leaves and I heard sulfur dust might help so I dusted a bit onto the leaves. When I used to water the plants the leaves would get wet each time and later I learned it's best to avoid getting them wet since it can promote fungal infection, not sure if that's what caused the brown spots tho.

With those pots that have the bottom water tray attached, I would suggest you water by filling the tray at the bottom, not soaking the plant top to bottom.  That seems to have been the cause of much of our problems in the past here.  Several of these varieties are slow growers, and for those short on patience like me, it is a challenge.  For some it is a learning curve...for me it was a learning cliff.
Best of Luck!

:welcome: Please ask in the Growing section.

Back