Hello from a newbie

Hello Everyone,

I am a born and raised Los Angeleno. I am happy to be part of such an exciting and knowledgable community!

A few notes about me and my process!

Having Mexican blood in me, I've been devouring spice since I was a young kid. Turn the clock forward a few years, and I'm starting making my first hot sauces.

I've been making hot sauces from fermented Serrano peppers, Habanero, and red Fresno chilis. These are the most common peppers around me besides Jalapeños. Definitely intrigued and interested by different peppers! I've now been doing this for about 2 months. After doing some research on here and other places, I've purchased a Ph meter, and some other items to make this more legitimate. Right now I am making sauces for friends and family, but would like to turn this into a business of some sort down the road.

Not necessarily as huge money maker, but as a way to bring delicious flavor to people everywhere. More recently, I've began raising money for COVID relief with friends and family. They are donating to a local COVID-19 relief organization and I give them a bottle of my sauce!

I'm open to helpful tips, trade secrets, FOOD SAFETY practices, and anything that will make me a better sauce maker. My aim is not to make the "hottest" sauce out there. I want a good flavored hot sauce with a measurable spice level. 

I attached a photo from some recent batches!

Sincerely,

Fusili Jerry

Attachments

• Hot Sauce Photo.png
    Hot Sauce Photo.png
    745.6 KB · Views: 100
Welcome!! My wife is Mexican and likes to make salsas but the ones she makes for me are too hot for her.. Chile del Arbol is as hot as she would go...

:welcome: from the Pacific NorthWest, Jerry!

Back