Hello from Asheville North Carolina

Hey Folks,

First time visitor to this site and first time grower. I have been checking out youtube videos from ratdavid9 and paulmtonkin to help me get started. I have a small garden in the back yard so I will be potting most of my plants. I ordered seeds from to start and also recently ordered some plants of the more exotics.

The seeds i am growing are Bhut Jolikia, Chocolate Habaneros, Orange Habaneros, Purple Jalapenos, and yellow bell peppers. So far the yellow bells have sprung up like crazy and the purple jalapenos are right behind them. The Jolokias and Habaneros are taking a little longer to germinate. Im using peat pellets and a small plastic starter grow house with a heat pad. Seeds went in on april 8th which is a little late but i did not have the urge to do this till recently.

The plants I ordered are some more exotics of which i ordered one each and hope to harvest seeds growing more next year. I ordered one of each of the following which i will be potting:

Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
Yellow Bhut Jolokia
Jamaican Yellow Mushroom
Scotch Bonnet

In the end i would like to save seeds to plant a bigger crop next year and I also want to make hot sauce and hot powder from each of the super hots as well as a wild salsa using everything.

Thanks in advance for any questions that I ask in this great forum!

here is a quick pic of my seedlings i took a week ago. I had gone out of town for the weekend and it seems the ones on the edges grew as they were kept more moist. the yellow bells on the left.

292159_800349566332_44106138_35920410_11274874_n.jpg

thanks for the warm welcome folks! I am eager to try a super hot pepper and am glad my first will be one that i grow. I am trying to warm up to it by eating super spicy food when available. Anyways I am cant wait to have more stuff worth posting!

Glad to see some folks from NC! I am originally from Miami and wish i had grown down there. Did anyone else get snow flurries this morning? jeez i am ready for the frost to be over.

Here are a few red habaneros i found at ingles yesterday, they usually only have little orange guys. They are huge and should be sure to set off the next dish i make!

48906345923695084_tiug6MRV_f.jpg

Back