Hello from Canada (though made in the Azores!)

This is actually my second year here 'browsing'. Last year I 'accidentally' started growing peppers, and now I am fairly addicted. This year I am trying some super hots, after having a much better than expected success last year.

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL
880smile-1.png
BTW How does one accidentally start growing peppers o_O

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL
880smile-1.png
BTW How does one accidentally start growing peppers o_O

I wasn't ever planning on growing peppers. I was making a batch of sauce after buying a few boxes of Hot Portugals from one of the farmer's markets. I make it for my father as well, but I remove the seeds for him (I am not picky). I had just set the seeds aside in a brown bag that I was going to toss. A few days later, I look in the bag and see the seeds, and just decided to plant them - all in one dixie cup, thinking that "maybe I will get one to grow". Well, after what was probably over 100 sprouts came busting through, I decided to look into growing them properly. Though they all started in the worst possible way, by the end of the season, I had a couple of grocery bags full.

Now I am hooked and growing:
"Green Chilis" - they look like a big Thai hot, but much more flavour, size and hot. Growing these out of some of the ones I bought last year, and really enjoyed (though who knows what will really come up)
Scotch Bonnet
Thai Hot
Hot Portugal
Trinidad Moruga Blend
Bhut Jolokia Brown
Bhut Jolokia Red
Naga Morich
Trinidad 7 Pod Jonah
Trinidad 7 Pod Brain Srain
Chacoense sp. "Most Prolific"
Malagueta

I haven't found any info on the "Most Proflic" - aside from what was on Pepperlover.com (awesome site!). Anybody grow this in the past, and if so, how was the taste? Is it good for sauce, powder, fresh cooking... or just ornamental?

Back