Hello from Germany!

Hi together,

my name is Alex and I have been growing peppers since 2019. I am located in Germany so my season is limited from May to October.
Could be better, could be worse :D

I am mainly focusing on growing peppers in buckets (3 to 13 gallons) depending on the variety. I also have a second garden where I try to grow the plants in open field. This is where my user name actually comes from, as I am growing my vegetables in a garden where wild boars used to live 🐗

During the last years I have tried to cultivate roughly 100 to 150 different varieties, some with big success some without. My goal was to find my personal favourites to grow in the future. Little did I know about the sheer amount of varieties out there! 😲

I am now able to grow peppers at my location, but I was always interested to see how people are doing it in other countries. Especially where the seasons are longer and you can have perennial pepper plants. Some varieties just take too long for me to have a good yield.

Actually I have been lurking here for almost a year now, so I am looking forward to get a little more active! 👍

Greetings from Germany!

Alex

Last edited:
1678829459312.png

Hi together,

my name is Alex and I have been growing peppers since 2019. I am located in Germany so my season is limited from May to October.
Could be better, could be worse :D

I am mainly focusing on growing peppers in buckets (3 to 13 gallons) depending on the variety. I also have a second garden where I try to grow the plants in open field. This is where my user name actually comes from, as I am growing my vegetables in a garden where wild boars used to live 🐗

During the last years I have tried to cultivate roughly 100 to 150 different varieties, some with big success some without. My goal was to find my personal favourites to grow in the future. Little did I know about the sheer amount of varieties out there! 😲

I am now able to grow peppers at my location, but I was always interested to see how people are doing it in other countries. Especially where the seasons are longer and you can have perennial pepper plants. Some varieties just take too long for me to have a good yield.

Actually I have been lurking here for almost a year now, so I am looking forward to get a little more active! 👍

Greetings from Germany!

Alex
Hi Alex!
I just joined the forum and I am in Berlin. I also struggle with limited space and sunshine. But every single pepper is a joy to behold! Yesterday I harvested my first tomato. What a celebration lol!

Back