Hello from Green Bay

Hello THP! I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. My name is Scott and I live in the Green Bay area. I've been lurking around this site for the past couple of months and a couple of weeks ago, I decided to join up. I figured I should pop into the welcome thread and say hi.

This is my first year growing peppers from seed and my fourth year of growing. This season's pepper list includes Early Jalapenos, 7 Pod White, 7 Pod Johna, White Bhut, Peach Bhut, Large Cayenne, Bull's Heart, Orange Habs, and TS CARDI.
The plan as of now is for the Jalapeno, Cayenne, and Bull's Hearts go into the salsa garden (36 total plants) along with the tomatoes (14 plants), and 200 red onions. This is about the same number we had last year and ended up with a nice harvest of salsa to get us through the cold months we have here. The plan for the supers is to pot them up in 5 gallons with the idea of OW'ing a few of the winners.

As I stated, this is my first year by seed and I've have been trying to do a fair amount of research on the internet to make sure I can set my seedlings up for success. This site has been a tremendous amount of help to me and I have to say it is by far the best site I've seen for all aspects of pepper growing. Anyway, I figured I'd take a minute to say hello to this wonderful community, but more importantly, I want to thank everyone for their contributions to the site. The wealth of knowledge here outstanding! It's truly inspiring!

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Just 50 Miles north of you. :party:

If you have extra room and want to grow some Reapers, let me know. I will be going to green bay this saturday I think,

Welcome3.gif

Spicy Chicken said:
Just 50 Miles north of you. :party:

If you have extra room and want to grow some Reapers, let me know. I will be going to green bay this saturday I think,

Welcome3.gif
Thanks everyone. Jeff, I would love to grow some Reapers, unfortunately, I already have more plants than I know what to do with. I ended up with a far higher germination rate than I expected for my first year. I'll give away a fair amount of plants to family, friends, and neighbors. At least I hope, it sure would be sad to toss anything! I very much appreciate the offer! BTW, I really enjoyed your glogs.

Back