Hello from Illinois

Hi! I found this forum yesterday and I spent two hours straight reading through some of the posts. Some of the people here sure know how to grow peppers, and I hope to learn something!

I'm in college at University of Illinois Champaign, and I'm a senior chemistry major. My pepper growing experience is such that for the past three years I've used a 1x10 space during the summer to plant various vegetables, and of course hot peppers. (I gave the best spots to the peppers) I've grown serranos, jalapenos, habs, hot banana and another which I forget the name. The reason it's such a small space is because it was in Chicago.

Currently I'm at school, and I have my hab plant in a 5/8? gallon pot under a 3800 lumen (60w?) extended CFL, it's like a foot long. I also have 8 other plants;rosemary, basil, marjoram and I'm trying to get a cactus to root.

Here's a picture of my setup right after I potted some of those smaller plants. My parents almost killed that basil in the far right.
qL2RE88.jpg
I took the paper towels out of there, i put some worms / castings in there, thats why they're there.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

OCD Chilehead said:
Welcome. Very cool. Nice looking plant.
:O thanks, I think it's nice, has about 30 flowers on it & 1 pod. I took it out of the pot and found a plastic 2x2x2 plastic seedling pot on the bottom. took that out!

ArkansasJack said:
Welcome to thp. Looks like you got a good setup.......
I can't tell if those 8 periods mean you're trying to be sarcastic or not.

Mikkyd said:
:O thanks, I think it's nice, has about 30 flowers on it & 1 pod. I took it out of the pot and found a plastic 2x2x2 plastic seedling pot on the bottom. took that out!I can't tell if those 8 periods mean you're trying to be sarcastic or not.
Not being sarcastic the periods are my trademark of a sorts..........

Greetings from a fellow Illini.  In addition to me, my oldest (of 2) daughter is a U of I graduate and my youngest daughter is currently a junior at U of I.

Back