Hello, from Louisiana

Just thought I'd drop in and say hello and thank you for allowing me to become a member.  I love peppers, growing peppers, eating peppers, especially hot peppers.  South Louisiana, contrary to popular belief, isn't exactly great pepper-growing country.  Humidity exacerbates many pests, bacterial diseases, and heat stress especially at night where temperatures can stay in the upper 70s low 80s.... :)

newhoppyguy said:
:welcome: from oregon
Thank you....what types of hot peppers can you grow in Oregon?  I lived in Sonoma County (North Bay), California for 4 years and found that it wasn't great hot pepper country.  The days were relatively cool and the night chilly, even in July.  I did grow a variety from Africa called "Fish", and it did Ok.....over-winterd nicely and fruited again the following year....

:welcome: from the garden state. The family is heading your way in July. Starting in New Orleans and following the Mississippi river north.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

¡Hola! and welcome from south FL [SIZE=8pt]
880smile-1.png
[/SIZE]

Hi and welcome from western Massachusetts, which contrary to popular belief is a great place to grow peppers... If you start them inside in January and keep them alive under lights until you can plant outside in May... ;)

:welcome: to The Hot Pepper, fellow Louisianian! The heat and humidity have iindeed been oppressive here lately. Good luck growing!

Back